Odd knock at door (Chadwick road)

EliseB

Last week I had a woman knock at my door around 8pm saying that she was locked out of her house and if she could come through my flat, to get access to the garden so that she could climb across. She was unable to tell me what number she was from and considering there are fences and walls between all the properties I thought the request rather odd. She was adamant that she come into my flat and that I should give her access to the garden. Understandably I refused as I was not happy about the idea of someone traipsing through my flat and then running riot across the back gardens. Has anyone else had someone knocking with this kind of request? There were some burglaries back in January on this road so I am a bit concerned that this was all a rouse to check out the inside of my flat and the back garden set up.

I once got locked out of my property but my back door was open , I went to neighbors that I didn't know and they let me jump over the fence. But took 3 attempts as others would not let me and thought I was dodgy. I was genuinely not wanting to pay a locksmith.

Hi, just some specific knowledge.. Chadwick Road has been targeted recently by a group knocking on doors asking for a friend (i.e "does Dave live here?") and seeing who's home then coming back later and robbing the place. My family live on the road and had a guy at the door looking for someone which we initially thought was strange but the guy left without issue. The following day the police knocked to ask if we'd had any similar incidents as someone further up had been robbed after the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to start another thread, but I had a weird experience recently.

I left my house and started walking along the pavement, and had gone a short way when a young man I've never seen before crossed the road and said to me something along the lines of "I saw you just come out of that house and I wondered if it was your house, and if so do you have a plaster."

I must have looked a bit bemused, because he then said "I've hurt my finger."

On my looking even more bemused, he then showed me his finger (not a euphemism) with a tiny little sore bit which wasn't even bleeding ......

I really didn't know what to say.

It wasn't as if he was in desperate need of first aid and there are three chemists in ED, including one just round the corner from my house.

Anyway, luckily he then asked if I was in a rush, to which I said yes and he went off.

I just wondered if anybody else had experienced anything similar, because I can't see why anyone would ask a complete stranger for a plaster when they didn't even appear to need one.

So I wonder if he was trying to get a look inside my house.