General election candidates?

Not sure if this is the right section (apologies if it's an off-topic), but has there been any announcement by the parties on who will be the candidates at the general elections? The same as in 2015?

Note I have no intention of starting a lengthy political discussion here - I'm just asking if there is any news on who the candidates will be.

DulwichLondoner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not sure if this is the right section (apologies

> if it's an off-topic), but has there been any

> announcement by the parties on who will be the

> candidates at the general elections? The same as

> in 2015?

>

> Note I have no intention of starting a lengthy

> political discussion here - I'm just asking if

> there is any news on who the candidates will be.

I would suggest you contact the repective party HQ's to get a definitive answer. Any other answer would be complete conjecture.

Lib Dems Gail Kent

Lab Helen Hayes

Are the only ones announced so far for Dulwich & West Norwood.

A number of East Dulwich people are actually in the Camberwell & Peckham constituency with only the following two candidates so far in place.

Lib Dem Michael Bukola

Labour Harriet Harman

• 3 weeks later...
I see that the Lib Dem candidate for Dulwich and West Norwood is called Gail Kent but I subscribe to neither twitter or face-book so cannot access her on either of these. I have found a web site which lists Lib Dem candidates but she does not appear on it. Does anyone know how one can find out about her?

Hello! I'm Gail Kent, East Dulwich resident and now Lib Dem Parliamentary candidate. I needed to do something after the 23rd of June last year, so I decided to stand for Parliament. James Barber was my nominator. I didn't expect it to happen so soon!

The party is still uploading the biographies of each of the candidates, so a bit about myself:

I have lived here for almost 20 years and love the area's vibrancy, energy and its naturally liberal feel. I am married to Tim and our two children attend local state schools.

For 17 years I worked for the National Crime Agency, working alongside our international partners, including Europol, to keep our country secure. I served for four years at the UK embassy in Rome, investigating the mafia and people traffickers. Now, I lead on global security policy at Facebook. I believe I have diplomacy and leadership skills needed to stand up for our values in Parliament, honed in high-pressure environments.

It was the Brexit referendum that made me want to really do something about the state of our politics. As I said, I decided to stand for Parliament to continue the Liberal Democrat fight for a Britain that is open, tolerant and united: the sort of Britain that Dulwich and West Norwood stands for.

I'm on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @libdemgail and my email is [email protected].

I'm happy to answer any questions and to also come and talk to any groups/ get togethers or associations.

Rachel Wolf is the Conservative PPC for Dulwich & West Norwood.

From the DWN Tory website.

"We're delighted to announce that Rachel Wolf will be the Conservative Candidate for Dulwich and West Norwood.

Rachel grew up in the constituency and attended local schools before going on to study Natural Sciences at Cambridge and Economics at Birkbeck. When she became pregnant with her first child she moved back here because it was the place she most wanted to live and bring up a family. Her daughter was born in King's College Hospital (and her son, due later this year, will be born there too!).

She is proud to be a governor of a local primary school?Harris Primary East Dulwich. Rachel founded and directed the charity New Schools Network for many years, which helped communities across the country found new schools?including the Harris Primary and the Judith Kerr Primary school?in the face of opposition from the Labour Party.

Rachel has also had a successful business career?running a growing division of a technology company in New York?and advised the Prime Minister on education and innovation. Since she moved back into the area, Rachel has been active supporting Dulwich and West Norwood Conservative Association and was very recently elected as its Chairman."

The Green Party's candidate is Rashid Nix, who stood in the 2015 election. Here's what the Green Party says:

Rashid, a filmmaker from Brixton, stood for Dulwich and West Norwood in 2015, coming fourth with 9.4% of the vote. More recently, he came third ahead of the Liberal Democrats as the Green Party?s candidate for the London Assembly constituency of Lambeth and Southwark.

Rashid said: ?I?m delighted once again to have the opportunity to represent the Green Party as parliamentary candidate for Dulwich and West Norwood.

?The Greens are often counted out but last year we came within a whisker of beating Labour in Gipsy Hill, proving that the people are no longer going to accept this false choice between two flawed establishment parties. The Green revolution is coming.?