Brand new car turned over on East dulwich road

from what i just saw now, it looks like the new mercedes hit the island that separates the road and the bus lane in front of the tesco, because the island is damaged and the lampost is collapsed, guessing it tried to cut someone off and didn't see the island

I live above Morleys so right outside where the car ended up. Didn't see the accident but saw the immediate aftermath before the emergency services arrived.

My brother went down and chatted to someone to find out what happened - the guy he spoke to said that she had just missed him, hit the central island and flipped over twice. She must have been going at a fair pace to flip twice and end up where she did.

Anyway, it seemed that they got her out pretty quickly - I'm not sure what state she was in but the ambulance, fire crew and most of the police left pretty sharpish. I have just watched the car be upturned by the recovery lorry and it doesn't look like the front frame around the windscreen was crushed in anyway so I would hope that she made it out without anything too serious. Car probably a write off though.

I realise that the island in the road is to reduce speeding and assist pedestrians, but as a car driver coming up from Peckham Rye, you need to approach this section very carefully, especially if you have had to overtake buses at the bus stop and noting cars turning right from the road opposite. Would it be better as a full zebra crossing or having a pelican crossing which is controlled by pedestrians?