Man arrested in connection with Dulwich Park stabbing

gerry

Just wanted to report that yesterday a man was stabbed in Dulwich Park trying to prevent a man stealing a handbag. The air ambulance came and the victim was being treated in the park. The other man escaped on his bike through Court Lane Gates. Be careful.

Thank you for posting Gerry. I arrived I think shortly after it happened. Very shocking. Hoping that the man is OK.

Please keep an eye out for a white and brown terrier type dog named "Amy" who belongs to the person who was with the victim and who ran off terrified at the time. Many people searched the park extensively afterwards but when I left about half an hour ago, she still hadn't been found.

Every Stabbing is potentially a fatality.

The Government fails to take any real action against those found carrying a knife.

Caught carrying a knife.. Get banged up.. No excuses.. No first offence let offs.

Caught with a knife.. 3 Years min.

Threaten with a knife.5 years min.

Use a knife 7 years min.

Kill with a knife Life 20 years min.

DulwichFox

I found the dog in Dulwich Park at about 8.15 tonight but couldn't get close to her, she was terrified poor thing. I wish I had seen this thread as maybe it would have helped to know her name. Anyway she is safely back with her owner. I hope the victim is OK.

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You've linked to the main page Sue.

>

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hope they catch the bastard.

> >

> > ETA: Just seen this

> >

> > http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php

Sorry was on my phone and didn't copy the whole link. I've edited it.

Hopefully this is the right one:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1814225

from what i have heard and understand, the stabbing victim is in critical but stable condition, is in an induced coma to reduce swelling on the brain. fingers crossed we can catch the person who did this random act of extreme violence. prayers and well wishes to the courageous victims of this crime.

I regularly walk around Dulwich Park and reading this has made me think twice about it. How very sad that someone could feel so confident as to mug someone in broad daylight and then stab them. Horrific. I hope this poor person fully recovers and very happy that their dog was found too. A very sad and tragic situation. Let's hope the police catch this scumbag.

Louisa.

Hello

Please excuse me, and feel free to ignore if you personally feel this is inappropriate, but I wanted to get in touch as a reporter from Southwark News, and ask if anyone who witnessed this incident would like to speak to me?

I would not expect anyone who gets in touch to identify anyone who was involved. And you would not need to be named if you wanted to get in touch.

I am purely interested in learning what took place from a direct source (someone who witnessed any of what happened) and establishing the facts.

I can be reached on 02072 315258 if you would like to get in touch.

Kind regards, Owen Sheppard

Why has this thread title been hi-jacked by the god-squad? I feel very sorry this has happened. The poor victim is in the hands of the medics. He was taken to hospital after being given treatment by paramedics, he was obviously seen by another human being who called them -maybe your god sent the mugger eh?

Why has this thread title been hi-jacked by the god-squad? I feel very sorry and disappointed that this has happened. The poor victim is in the hands of the medics. He was taken to hospital after being given treatment by paramedics, he was obviously seen by another human being who called them -maybe your god sent the mugger eh?