Serious delays Walworth road/denmark hill

There's Thames water vans near Butterfly walk denmark hill down to single lanes. There were delays this morning but nothing like this afternoon. Took around 40mins to get from Burgess Park to King's. Thames water website indicates it would be all week.

Mad out here bus let us off by Edwards Cycle shop, me and loads of others walked to Kings to catch next bus. Stop is packed. Roads both sides are totally blocked. Ambulances having trouble fighting through buses and vehicles to get to the hospital. Is there not a better way of managing traffic perhaps getting diversions in place or getting whatever needs to be done fixed. I can't see any workmen out there at the moment. This is ridiculous...

I retired in 2008 having spent nearly 14 years traveling from East Dulwich to the Borough

on the 40 or 176. The Walworth Road and Camberwell Green has never been any different.

Worst time was the 18 months+ when they were doing the road narrowing scheme down to one lane in each direction.

DulwichFox

Dulwich61 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Foxy

>

> 2008 retirement? I had you somewhat older vintage

> (though not quite on a par with the Duke of

> Edinburgh), travelling the tram route (pic

> attached).

I retired at 56

Foxy

Thanks for letting us know Ruffler.

Buses and cars were still held up for a while coming from Burgess Park to Camberwell and to the lights near Nandos around 1.30 this afternoon and plenty of tooting and shouting so glad it's over.

Rush hour today was also affected by an incident at elephant castle to top things off. By the time it got to kings I could see a workman collecting cones and opening up the road. However the Loughborough junction seemed to still have temporary traffic lights.