Den of foxes in the garden..... what to do

Unless there's a real health and safety danger leave them be and enjoy: when I was a kid foxes had a den at the end of our garden and it's one of my fondest memories watching them play on the lawn in the early morning. When the cubs have grown they'll abandon the den and she can then fill it in with earth or, to be sure of no revisit next year, concrete it or put in foxproof mesh.

Peckhampam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Fox shit on the lawn in the morning is not nice

Not as bad as Mice poo on your kitchen worktops and in your larder.

And mice are incontinent and pee constantly . and you cannot see it.

DulwichFox

Foxes under your shed, me too!

One of the cubs went to my neighbours cat-flap and had eye to eye contact with them. In addition to Public Health, I am also a dog groomer and boarder, so I think they have all moved on now once the dogs had the sent - albeit no access to under the shed for the dogs.

So I guess in summary, any local rat or mouse population should be reduced, and now no foxes.

Freestyle-McCabe

You can also charm the foxes.

They like dog/cat food, but particularly human left-overs from meals such as Sunday lunch (nothing with onion or garlic as it damages their livers). If they have mange they need better food, so please provide. You may well be able to persuade them to take eggs from your hand (for them a particular treat, but you may have to show them what to do with them (I think urban foxes have lost the pedagogic thread on that one). No real danger to cats unless infirm. Do not give them cooked chicken bones (raw ones fine).

I recently moved into a house with an established pair of local foxes. Digging up plants, smells etc. We bought one of these a couple of weeks ago - not cheap and it is only a couple of weeks, but so far it's had a 100% success rate - the only time we've had problems since was the night I forgot to turn it on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Defence-Scarecrow-Activated-Deterrent/dp/B01MTCA1KD/

Tom Smith Wrote:

> I recently moved into a house with an established

> pair of local foxes. Digging up plants, smells

> etc. We bought one of these a couple of weeks ago

> - not cheap and it is only a couple of weeks, but

> so far it's had a 100% success rate - the only

> time we've had problems since was the night I

> forgot to turn it on:

>

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Defence-Scarecrow-Ac

> tivated-Deterrent/dp/B01MTCA1KD/

Foxes are not silly. It might work for a while - clearly the first times used will be a surprise to the furry animals! They'll soon catch on that it's not a threat.

A friend of mine had something similar and the neighbours cats ended up having great fun playing with it.

Tom Smith Wrote:

> I recently moved into a house with an established

> pair of local foxes. Digging up plants, smells

> etc. We bought one of these a couple of weeks ago

> - not cheap and it is only a couple of weeks, but

> so far it's had a 100% success rate - the only

> time we've had problems since was the night I

> forgot to turn it on:

>

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Defence-Scarecrow-Ac

Foxes are territorial and mark their territory with urine. If you want them to move on then they need to be convinced that some other animal now dominates the teritory. You should "make your mark", as they say, in the appropriate manner.Do so daily for about a week and they will be gone.