Best Bar In East Dulwich 2008...

I'll answer this if I may Admin. We are hoping to run the vote again this year, we hear all the bars are jealous of the trophies behind the bar at the Black Cherry and Bishop and so it would be good to do so. We maybe having some other East Dulwich awards too and if it happens then you'll be the first to hear about it. Voting will probably start at the end of November, beginning of December and we may also be looking for sponsors to help us with getting this going.

If you have any ideas for categories for local awards then please let us know, nothing negative please like "shop most likely to fail in the next year". All serious suggestions considered.

A few ideas...

1. Best Bar - Black Cherry, Liquorish

2. Best Pub - The Bishop, The Plough

3. Best Restaurant - Palmerston, Franklins

4. Best Night - Comedy Club, The Gooose

5. Best New Addition - Balfe Bikes, Davina Shoes

etc...

Have a Gold/Silver/Bronze medal system?

Note: The names of the venues are stated to make a distinction/give an idea of where nominees could be placed.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Best street with road humps.

> Best street without road humps.

> The statistics of safety differences between the

> two.

>

> Best suggestion for the next street to have road

> humps.

> Best suggestion for a street currently with road

> humps, to have them removed.

I can see PeckhamRose is thinking along the same lines as me.

Should definitely differentiate between the pub and the bar, if only to keep the old duffers happy when someone suggests adventure!

Like the food sub categories idea, how about Best Burger/Roast/Curry/Pasta/Cocktail/Pint/Breakfast/Soup/Kebab..etc etc.

...and not sure if it was done before but after reading the mural post how about best local Councilor? I'm sure some would be tempted to suggest that the standard would be pretty low but a little more competitive tension and free PR on an annual basis might see a gradual improvement over the long term!

God at this rate everyone will get a prize! How about best East Dulwich based covers band? ;-)

Like the idea of best bar person, and with all my old crew gone, Rueben is getting my vote.

Will be interesting this year, my usual vote of CPT, will probably be changed, would have been Plough, but Mag has made a late surge just at the same time the service at The Plough seems to have gone a bit tits up...

Good points there Keef. But I think the Plough deserves it this year overall. When you consider what a horrible dump it was before the revamp. OK, they need more staff and it seems the good folk of Dulwich do love a moan about the Sunday roasts but when you think what it used to be like. You'd have crossed the road to avoid it.

I really like the new Mag but I think the awards have come a bit too soon this year for it to be worthy of my vote. Maybe next year and certainly if they keep up the good work they've put in so far.

Fair point, and I do hope the Plough doesn't lose votes based on food. It's a fecking pub!!! And the staff they have are usually very nice, just could do with a few more!

Still, I may stick with the good old CP of T, as my heart belongs there.