Flight path over se22

The aircraft noise got worse on Sunday - deafening - so I emailed the Heathrow complaints website (again).

This time I got a free number for the public relations department.

So I am going to give them a call and have a chat in the garden next time the 'Motorway in the Sky' in at full volume! They can have listen to what have to put up with then.

Fasten your seat belts!

You don't need triangulation to find out the altitude of planes: just go to flightradar24.com and you can see a live feed of every passenger plane passing over London (or indeed over anywhere in the world).

Just click on an individual plane and you can see altitude, speed, origin, destination and more.

Yes I have indeed noticed the increase in air traffic. We moved to East Dulwich in November and were really happy that it was so much quieter but since a month or so it is very noisy as of 5.30 in the morning. This is due to changes at city airport:

https://www.google.de/amp/www.standard.co.uk/news/london/flight-path-changes-have-created-noise-ghettos-claim-angry-residents-near-city-airport-a3451161.html%3Famp

Ah, the seasonal plane noise thread - people often believe plane noise is louder around this time of year as people often have their windows open. Another reason they may be slightly lower at the moment is because of the low cloud cover we have. I invested in a white noise machine to use at night and never get woken up even when window is wide open.

Dulwich61,

Yes, the noise really started up around the early 90s, before that it was a quiet area (from 1980 onwards as far as I know) with hardly any flights at all. There used to be just one very loud Concorde flight around 5.00pm everyday and that was loud!

Interesting about the height, which isn't much. Watch out for the big airliners dumping fuel on a clear day and consider where that all goes. Also, there was some very interesting emissions figures for airliners in the papers recently. It seems that an average plane dumps around 1 kilo (!) of CO2 into the air flying just I mile over our heads, plus of course all the other gases and particulants - so pretty bad stuff.

i*Rate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Watch out for the big airliners dumping fuel on a

> clear day and consider where that all goes.

Oh come on - I'm no fan of air travel and haven't been on an aeroplane since 2002 for environmental reasons, but they don't dump fuel over London, they only ever do so in an emergency - when they have to return to a base and would be too heavy to land - and then out at sea, if they were dropping it on London we'd really, really know about it.

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Somebody appears to have crept back after their

> ban.

>

> Planes aren't a problem.

Planes aren't a problem to you/where you live hat is.

So much local variation in the noise levels. Have moved just 10 mins walk from my old house where the noise was pretty bad. In new location hardly notice them.

Hp