Irresponsible dog walker

Was that you today at goose green park around 12pm walking dogs? You irresponsibly left one dog to run around wildly while you sat down on a bench with the other dogs on leads.

The dog you left to run around ran straight to us while we was all enjoying a picnic on the grass with around 10 kids all under the age of 3 and tried taking our food. All you did was just sit and watch although we called out for you to get the dog.

Dog owners beware of some dog walkers not doing their job correctly.

Next time I see you I will report you to the authorities

So the dog was trying to take food? It wasn't showing aggression or frightening people? Wouldn't it have been a good idea to calmly call the dog away, and take it back to the owner/dog walker and then confront said individual there and then? I don't understand why people find it so difficult to confront situations as and when they happen. I appreciate it isn't always possible, but it certainly helps to avoid future problems from the same person.

Louisa.

No way would I touch a dog and take it to who ever I must take it to. That's not my responsibility is it?? And yes some of the kids was scared including my own child. And you don't understand why people don't confront situations, well I tell you why I didn't .... how do I know this person isn't some crazy individual who will attack me? Iv got my child to think of.

One of the women from our group did usher the dog away but it went and approached another woman who looked clearly threatened

I just feel people need to know who they leave there dogs with and people should be responsible for their dogs.

I think if you have a dog or your a dog walker you will need to look after your own dog,and keep a eye on it and not let it run up to children. Tell me why someone else should pick up another person dog, keep a eye on your own dog.

how do I know this person isn't some crazy individual who will attack me? - You don't but it is highly unlikely, so don't buy into the "everyone is a threat" rubbish. It is precisely this kind of reticence that allows the dickheads to seemingly get away with acting anti-socially.

It had to be said don't let your dog just run up to children like that, they are little and innocent eating there food these children can be scared of this dog, so all that is being said just don't let your dog run up to children keep an eye on them not just sit there and do nothing

I'm sorry if people think I'm wrong on here but I won't be approaching anyone while I'm with my child, if I was to get artacked or knife pulled out on me then what happens to my scared child? If I was on my own then i would most likely approach the individual.

So I go back to my original post please be more responsible for your dog especially when there's innocent kids around

I understand the hassle caused by a strange dog interfering when you're having a picnic, no problem it's a wind up.

But (and I'm only asking because you just mentioned this...) on a scale of 1-100, how likely do you REALLY think it is that a dog walker in a public park is carrying a knife which they would attack you with ?

I'm not saying you should or should not approach a dog walker, but as Nigello eluded, that's really taking "everyone is a threat" a bit far !

Either I'm being misunderstood or iv wrote down my concerns unclearly. I'm not saying the dog owner may of had a knife, I go back to what nigello said .... in general I would not approach someone weather they be a dog walker, shop lifter etc when I'm with my defenceless child.

I was asked why I didn't just approach the dog walker, I didn't feel i should of, I'd of had to of left my child to go approach this dog walker who wasn't even any where near us. We called out for the dog walker to come get the dog and they just sat on the bench. The dog walker was that far away that I couldn't tell if they was male or female.

Thank you tiddles and melek kiz for understanding my point and to anyone else who understands

Now I feel like I'm being attacked all because i didn't approach this dog walker. Sad.

Rose79, as a dog owner I completely agree with you. I would never allow my dog to go up to people having a picnic, yes sounds like an irresponsible dog walker. Don't feel attacked on here, you know what you believe to be right so don't worry.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So the dog was trying to take food? It wasn't

> showing aggression or frightening people? Wouldn't

> it have been a good idea to calmly call the dog

> away, and take it back to the owner/dog walker and

> then confront said individual there and then? I

> don't understand why people find it so difficult

> to confront situations as and when they happen. I

> appreciate it isn't always possible, but it

> certainly helps to avoid future problems from the

> same person.

>

> Louisa.

a)What makes you think the dog would follow a stranger?

b)What makes you think confronting the person will lead to a solution?

c)What makes you think it should be normal for everyone to be confrontational?

d)On what basis do you conclude confronting this person will make things better and not worse in the future?

I don't think you're wrong, Rose79. What sort of advice is being given here? Grab hold of a strange dog? Teach your children this is OK?

Somehow now you're in the wrong. I suppose if you'd been bitten it would be all your fault.

Peckhampam Wrote:

> Well done Louisa, for starting off an attack on

> Rose 79.

Get a life. I didn't "start an attack", I simply requested a reason as to why this person didn't feel the need to take action there and then, rather come on here and talk about it? As others have pointed out, there seems to be a culture of fear developing in this world when it comes to using common sense to deal with day to day scenarios.

Louisa.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Louisa Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So the dog was trying to take food? It wasn't

> > showing aggression or frightening people?

> Wouldn't

> > it have been a good idea to calmly call the dog

> > away, and take it back to the owner/dog walker

> and

> > then confront said individual there and then? I

> > don't understand why people find it so

> difficult

> > to confront situations as and when they happen.

> I

> > appreciate it isn't always possible, but it

> > certainly helps to avoid future problems from

> the

> > same person.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> a)What makes you think the dog would follow a

> stranger?

> b)What makes you think confronting the person will

> lead to a solution?

> c)What makes you think it should be normal for

> everyone to be confrontational?

> d)On what basis do you conclude confronting this

> person will make things better and not worse in

> the future?

a) what makes you think the dog wouldn't follow? If this person is so horrified that a seemingly un-threatening animal is being annoying, why not hush the animal in a gentle and friendly way back to its owner and laugh it off.

b) it doesn't have to be a horrible confrontation, it could be a friendly encounter. She could loudly make the dog walker/owner actually realise that it's not OK to let this happen.

c) you, like others, assume confrontation has to be a 'bad ' thing. It doesn't at all.

d) and on what basis do you think it won't? But simply choosing to ignore, and not actively seeking a solution, the same will happen again, will it not?

Now, why don't some of you on here, particularly those who come in screaming me and others down for "attacking" the OP, actually contribute to the situation by offering some handy advice for future situations like this. Some people just like to shit stir on here. Others think doing nothing is better than resolution.

Louisa.