UNICEF collector

This was a woman. When i told her we already donated to other charities she wanted to know who and how much. She then told me that my neighbours had signed up so i should as well. When I said no she then asked to speak to my wife*. It felt like very hard-sell, foot-in-door, double-glazing salesman tactics.

*I'm not objecting to this because I make the financial decisions, as I don't. I objected to this because it felt like she wanted to work her way through the household until she could persuade someone to sign up.

goosey-goosey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We had a Unicef campaigner knock on the door just

> after the election telly bash started this evening

> (so rather late). He wasn't aggresive at all.

sandyman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

When i told her we already

> donated to other charities she wanted to know who

> and how much.

That is my (true) response to charity people who knock on my door, plus that I can't give to everybody, and if anybody had enquired further in that way they would (depending on my mood) probably be told to f- off.

I think you should report her to Unicef. That is totally out of order.

I also had a rather pushy unicef collector.

We do give to charity and I explained that I would be happy to consider donating if they left the DD form with us but due to financial constraints I couldn't make a decision until next Month.

He then looked at my house (mine is probably exactly the same as every other Victorian House in ED) and shrugged his shoulders as if I was lying and said he couldn't leave the form as it had his details on.

I said oh well never mind and he said he could come back in a few hours once I had filled it in, when I said I wasn't going to do that he said something like "go back to your nice life", I just shut the door!