Dodgy meter reader?

So a lady turned up at my door today to read my electricity and gas meters. She said she was from 'Eco'. Not my supplier but not a million miles away from the actual name. Bit odd as I'd submitted readings just last week. Got more weird when she had to ask me for help reading the electric meter. Phone rang as she left and I thought nothing much more about it.

BUT I had to call the power company just now for something else and noticed she was back, hanging around outside the neighbour's house. I told the power company they might want to think about switching contract for their meter readers since she didn't know how to read a meter. They said they didn't send out meter readers. And what are the chances next door on the same power supplier? Now wondering if she wasn't a bit dodgy? In which case watch out for her. And should I call the cops to let them know she's stoating around the area?

(1) - It is not uncommon to have your meter read (legitimately) soon after submitting a meter reading. All meters have to be read at least once a year, outwith any readings sent in by customers. This seems to be scheduled without regard to whether a recent reading has been submitted.

(2) - Meter reading companies will often read meters door-to-door and supply the readings to the appropriate company. Individual companies don't necessarily send out their own readers. (Sometimes they do).

(3) - All meter readers should have photo ID - and offer it. Did she?

(4) - Readers should certainly be trained - what sort of help did she ask for (its hardly a complex business)?

(5) - If in doubt - do contact the police.