Fireworks through door???

bagpuss

This morning I went out to the shop and found a burnt firwork on my front door mat! Somebody had obviously posted it through my letter box. It was quite big and burnt the front door and mat. Just wondering if anybody else has suffered the same?

Very dangerous and stupid!

Honestly, this used to go on when I was a student in Leeds. Gangs of Asian youths launching fireworks at people. I really find it surprising that fireworks are so readily available e.g. go to Sainsburys and they are on 2 for 1 offer. Fine, in the right hands they are not a problem, but too often they end up in the hands of out of control youths who amuse themselves by putting them through letterboxes etc. Surely, they should be banned. Fireworks displays are total rubbish anyway.

SANDO Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder whether Mitch would get away with "Gangs

> of Black youths"?

> Perhaps better not to discriminate in these

> turbulent times when people seek to blame

> minorities for economic woes- Remember Germany in

> the 30's...

That was the Jews, silly! Not the bloody Asian youths and their fireworks(6)

Hi,

I'm doing a work placement this week at the Southwark News and would really like to write a story about this - everyone should be aware of what's happening so they can be vigilant in the run-up to bonfire night.

Would anyone be prepared to talk to me about this? If so, can you drop me an email at [email protected] or PM me?

I'm called Vivienne Raper. I appreciate this is quite a scary thing to have happened so I'm happy to chat anonymously/in confidence if you'd prefer.

Best,

Vivienne

i was shot at with fireworks on sunday mid afternoon- with a few friends on the way to east dulwich station-was quite crazy- out of no where green and pink sparks flew between my friends and my own legs! pretty scary- tried to look behind and walked back to the road behind and found no one- holligans! really unsafe- sparks hit my friends face-wasnt too clever or funny at the time! thank goodness no one was badly hurt- find it hard to believe that this is childs play when it could have been much more serious!

All of this sort stuff used to go on when I was teenager. Nothing's changed has it? Just bored kids thinking it's big and clever, which it isn't. I even stupidly indulged myself a couple of times when I was a youngster but it's still dangerous and very stupid nonetheless. Nothing will change until fireworks are outlawed for private use.

We mucked about with fireworks as kids. We took them apart and made bombs out of them and such. But we would never have even dreamed of attacking people with them. Apart from the fact that it just wasn?t in our frame of reference, we would have had the crap beaten out of us if we did.

How dim would you have to be not to recognise the real potential for people to die as a direct result of your shoving a firework through their letterbox? Not sure how it can be seen as anything less than attempted murder - or is that just me overreacting?

No it's not overreacting. It's spot on. The scum that do this should be hosed off the street.

If someone fires a rocket at you, or loads one through your letter box then report it to the Police. You'd not ignore someone slipping a petrol bomb through your letter box would you?