No water!!!

None on Dunstans upper end either. Thames water website says this is planned maintenance of a burst pipe at Overhill and that work will run from 18-20 June. Not sure if they're planning to supply temporary water but given the weather you'd imagine it would be a no brainer.

Some years ago, it was at the same time as school returned in September, there was a burst main and it got to the point where bowsers were put on street corners- I expect that is the worst case. There is probably a thread on it here somewhere

Exactly, JamesBond 2007! We had this problem about 6 months ago, and again before that. I was so fed up last time, I insisted Thames Water pay me the compensation, under their policies. The water rates are not cheap and its not ok that they have failed to sufficiently deal with this recurring problem. As for the 'updates' on their websites, telling customers that they are 'dealing with it' (what does that even mean?) and will 'update again' in a few hours (as if they have told us anything remotely useful), is unacceptable. I'm fuming!

or we fail to turn your water supply back on within the time promised, we will automatically pay our domestic customers ?30 and our business customers ?50. For each extra 24-hour period that you have no water, we will pay an additional ?10 to domestic customers and ?25 to business customers.

'Normal' burst mains - 12 hours to restore service - and 'If a larger 'strategic' water main bursts, we guarantee to fix it within 48 hours

Last time this happened they restored service in about 11Hrs 55mins. (What a surprise!)

No idea what they will say this 'main' is - my guessing is if they can't fix it in 12 hours it will be designated a larger 'strategic' water main.

Further to above, apparently ?30 is credited to your account if the supply is out for 12 hours or more; then ?10 for each 24 hour period. Which would be laughably poor if it was funny. But it isn't. Did anyone notice what time it went off? We've certainly not had any since about 07.00.