Thameslink phase2 survey- closes 27th July

I know many of you use the Thameslink service, It's disappointing that there only appear to be 2TPH going through London off peak on the route through Nunhead/Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill with 2 stopping at Blackfriars. So may people use the service to go further than Blackfriars. Please looked at the info produced by the Cinderella Line Lobby group and click on the link to the survey.

Thanks

Renata

http://www.acinderellaline.com/phasetwo

Hi Renata,

This is really worrying for those of us who live in Nunhead, especially in light of your other post yesterday re: Victoria trains are also potentially not going to be stopping here either. This means Nunhead residents are going to have an even more reduced service than they do now. The platforms in the morning are already packed as are the peak hour trains so I'm not sure how the train companies can justify these needs for reduced services?

Louise

Looking at the consultation document (Information sheet 7 - Kent Thameslink), I see that it is proposed that four trains an hour should run on the Catford Loop, thereby doubling the current Thameslink service from two an hour. Presumably these trains would stop at DH, Nunhead and Peckham Rye. Or have I got it wrong?

At the same time I appreciate the potential risk to the Dartford - Victoria service via DH, Nunhead and Peckham Rye.

Hi Zebedee,

it looks like two trains will go through London and two only as far as Blackfriars(put in 1000, Nunhead to City Thameslink into the provisional timetable checker and it comes up with 10.01 and 10.31 ie 2 TPH), the extra two trains are great to Blackfriars but we should have a full 4TPH service on this line. As this is very long term timetabling, there won't be scope for changing this in a year or two, I don't think this is good enough for Southwark's train users. Most users go further than Blackfriars and there is a poor interchange there. My concern too is that this will be used as a very dodgy justification to remove the Victoria service (see the other thread).

Renata

Thanks, Renata. I agree that there should be 4TPH on Thameslink through at least to St Pancras and at least as many trains from DH to Victoria as there are at the moment (and indeed more).

I may be wrong but when I have travelled from DH on Thameslink in the rush hour, there is quite a big exodus at the Elephant, leaving much less overcrowding. And, even though it will be necessary to change at Blackfriars more often, there will in theory be many more northbound Thameslink trains to catch there.

The increase in Thameslink trains to four per hour is something I am supportive of, although quite often problems occur due to cancellation of services or short formation of the trains during rush hour. Reliability needs to improve significantly. Survey completed!

If 2tph of these services are terminating at Blackfriars, it should be a cross platform on the northbound direction and with many more trains, it'll be barely noticeable.

However, you can blame the Tory run DfT who decided not to stop the Wimbledon Loop trains from terminating there instead due to political pressure, despite the fact that those services would be a lot more reliable without having to go through the core.