Musicians wanted

I'm looking for musicians who would like to get together and improvise, have fun and not care too much about commerciality. Plans to set up an improviser's collective, also play live (locally). I have no particular preconception about instruments, anyone is welcome (accoustic or electric) if they have some skill and good open ears. What kind of music? Have a listen to a few things I've done at:

http://www.myspace.com/audiovert

and:

http://www.audiovert.com

send mail to: [email protected] or [email protected]

Hi Paul, a few of us had talked about a similar thing, and have met once or twice, but we've ben a bit rubbish lately at getting together for various reasons.....

I'm always up for having a "jam" *shudders at that word*...

Well, there's nothing in the least wrong with Jamming... Someone I know suggested the idea of 'speed dating' for musicians, I suppose that would be based on a five minute Jam. Haven't taken the concept any further though. (Perhaps it's a terrible idea, and should be forgotten about immediately.)

I can't see anything pretentious in it at all Keef. Call me old fashioned but I don't think people jam enough these days, it's just a bit of fun, nothing serious, you don't have to be some egocentric muso showing off your licks to enjoy a jam.

That would indeed be awesome.... Not really anywhere that you could do it though, as without an entertainment license, only 2 people can play at a time.... Stupid rule really, as one person with a big amp can make more noise than 5 people playing quietly :-S

Tillie mentioned that to me at the last drinks.... Shall we get a gang together one weekend then? I can't do the next 2 Sundays, but would definitely be up for it some time....

10th June anyone???

Have you seen the new thread about the Forest Hill Tavern? They've got a live music licence. Whoopeedoo! About bloody time we had somewhere to go and see live bands. Apart from the Half Moon in Herne Hill there's been bugger all around here for years. So local musicians, get gigging.