Dead fox - council collection

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it should take for council to collect dead fox from front garden?

First I was told I would be charged ?48, then told it's free, then told it would be collected within 4 hours, then she said within 24 hours, it's not very pleasant and if I had space to bury it I would. Now I'm thinking it's going to be in the garden all night. Tried ringing got cut of, been now on hold for 20 minutes.

any chance of sticking it in a sturdy bin liner / builders bag (you can try and do it the way people use doggy bags so you touch the animal as little as possible), so you can store it perhaps in one of your bins until council can collect.

I was told by a very helpful person in Southwark that if a fox is in your garden you have to pay for disposal or if it happen to have enough life left in it and moves on to the public highway then it is for the council to remove. Needless to say the fox at in our back garden managed to get out on to the street......very helpful advice

sorchamr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was told by a very helpful person in Southwark

> that if a fox is in your garden you have to pay

> for disposal or if it happen to have enough life

> left in it and moves on to the public highway then

> it is for the council to remove. Needless to say

> the fox at in our back garden managed to get out

> on to the street......very helpful advice

:))

Thanks everyone, I did put fox into 2 heavy duty bags and placed in front garden. They did collect him/her. It is correct that there is a ?48 charge. Now I know for future reference any poor fox I find dead in my garden will find its way to the gutter I'm afraid, though hope to not find another one. it was a shock and I'm sure my dog and cats sniffed around it before I found it. Not a nice experience . Thanks all.