Dog poo - it's everywhere!

I've decided that as a non-dog owner that I'll be taking myself for a walk every morning and having a poo on the pavement outside other people's homes and letting little children step into it on their way to school. As they say if you can't beat them, join them.

If I was caught I would claim that I had irresponsible parents and that I didn't have any plastic bags in my rucksack.

Leaving dog poo on pavements should be a criminal offence punishable with having to pick up dog poo off the streets with your bare hands every morning for 2 years. This should do the trick.

Don't get me started on other people's cats pooing in my garden and not their own...

Partriguez Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Don't get me started on other people's cats pooing

> in my garden and not their own...

Cats poo on bare soil or gravel, so if you cover your bare space with actual plants, they should go elsewhere.

Can't help with the dog poo, I share your pain.

Sue Wrote:

> Partriguez Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> > Don't get me started on other people's cats

> pooing

> > in my garden and not their own...

>

>

> Cats poo on bare soil or gravel, so if you cover

> your bare space with actual plants, they should go

> elsewhere.

>

> Can't help with the dog poo, I share your pain.

I must disagree about the cat poo- they regularly poo on grass and it is disgusting to remove especially if it is a bit sloppy, and it stinks and kills the grass

uncleglen Wrote:

> I must disagree about the cat poo- they regularly

> poo on grass and it is disgusting to remove

> especially if it is a bit sloppy, and it stinks

> and kills the grass

Oh OK, fair enough, I've never seen cat poo on grass, but then I don't have a lawn at the moment.

I'm so with you on both the dog poo on the streets and cat poo in the garden from neighbours cats. Don't miss the neighbours cats poo at all

Now we have moved. Only have horse poo on the roads to contend with! 😂

I am also disgusted by the amount of dog poo on the pavements in East Dulwich - at least once a week I find a heap greeting me by my front gate and I still haven't caught the serial pooper. I am an avid dog lover and appreciate that everyone needs to poo but owners not picking it up is truly disgusting and they should be fined - in fact I can't think of any signs around where I live - I know people ignore them but they wouldn't do any harm.

The worst yet was this morning waiting at bus stop - dog poo on the floor and on the seat! Presuming this was someone cleaning their shoe but they can go in the same camp as the dog walking fre-pooers if you ask me. So gross.

It is vile - 3 times in the last week I've seen people watch, or embarrassingly drag their poor dog along, as it shits on the pavement. Never once seen anyone qualified to fine them actually doing so, though. It's far too difficult to manage. And it's not like poo-bags are not free! Also have pulled over on numerous occasions to hand someone a poo bag as their pooch squats.

uncleglen Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> -----

> > Partriguez Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> >

> > >

> > > Don't get me started on other people's cats

> > pooing

> > > in my garden and not their own...

> >

> >

> > Cats poo on bare soil or gravel, so if you

> cover

> > your bare space with actual plants, they should

> go

> > elsewhere.

> >

> > Can't help with the dog poo, I share your pain.

>

> I must disagree about the cat poo- they regularly

> poo on grass and it is disgusting to remove

> especially if it is a bit sloppy, and it stinks

> and kills the grass

That's fox poo.

I totally agree. I'm a dog owner but hate it when I come across dog poos regardless of where i am. I have left the house on the odd occasion having forgotten a bag, and been caught out by my dog, so I've used whatever I could find - a leaf, an old tissue, an old receipt, but I never just leave it there. Where there's a will, there's a way. Mind you, my dog is quite small, so that helps with poo size of course!

Not just irresponsible dog owners leaving the poo on pavements....I had an unpleasant incident today when my 14 month old daughter put her hand in some dog poo on goose green. Luckily I intervened before it went into her mouth (as most other things do at that age)

I love dogs but it's terrible when their humans don't pick up after them.

Was Just wondering the other day if there has been an increase in dog mess lying around or is it me being overly observant as I'm getting out more ;), but have witnessed a few Sh*t and runs, mainly by younger people with dogs on the pavement.

My personal experience of cat poop after having 4 at one point is its normaly quite hard and they always buried it in my herbaceous borders (they loved the wood chip) or used the litter try never on the lawn, cats have an instinct to bury & hide their presence, as not to put of any "prey" nearby, even burying their pee. Foxes don't give a Sh*T when feeling the urge, and its nasty and runny, they love to do it on your shoes too if you leave them out by the door, as my neighbour found out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to replace my front doormat as no matter what I tried the fox kept coming back and doing it in the same place.

This weekend seems to have been particularly bad for dog mess. On Saturday Dulwich Woods were everyone seemed to be walking with their heads down to avoid treading in it. Yesterday and today I wanted to sit and read in Dulwich Park and finding a spot with no family group and no poo was tricky.