Dr Scorer retires - Forest Hill Clinic

Our wonderful kind, empathetic and knowledgable family doctor for the last 25 years, Rebecca Scorer, is retiring on Thursday. I only found out today because I had an appointment. A great GP to my family, I am now realising what a wonderful service we are losing as the NHS struggles through lack of funding. We wish her every happiness in her retirement. Thank you, Dr Scorer.

I totally endorse the sentiments above;and share the fears for the increasing instability of GP surgeries, all due to the NHS 'reforms'(without the resources to go with them.) If you can't rely on a familiar face at the Doctor's then God help us all.

GPs have relatively little to do with the NHS compared with, say, hospital services - they are private contractors into it, paid by the NHS for primary care services (mainly) on a capitation basis. Practices used to be made up of partners with perhaps a trainee or salaried doctor or two. Increasingly that business model is being eroded, but the NHS has little to do with that. There are certainly pressures placed on GP practices by NHS requirements and contract changes, but the presence or absence of 'regular' GPs isn't necessarily directly influenced by GP practice contracts. Dr Scorer, as I understand it, is retiring, which she is certainly entitled to do. And she will certainly be missed, as were other doctors who have retired from this practice. If she is to be replaced by another partner that will be good, as that will ensure a new stream of continuity of care. Does anyone know?

It's interesting to note that Dr Knoxley Greaves "retired" about 9 months ago without anybody seeming to know or comment about it. The receptionists say he's retired; he's left the practice although he's still apparently the named doctor for some patients. He's also been spotted doing locum work in SW London.

Dr McColl has been my doctor for years and I cant get any information about her 'extended leave'. I really hope she is okay and will be back soon, she is sorely missed. I hope if anyone finds out anything they will post it

George Orwell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's interesting to note that Dr Knoxley Greaves

> "retired" about 9 months ago without anybody

> seeming to know or comment about it. The

> receptionists say he's retired; he's left the

> practice although he's still apparently the named

> doctor for some patients. He's also been spotted

> doing locum work in SW London.

More lucrative to work as a locum, sadly.