Leak at East Dulwich and Peckham Rye Junction

There has been a water leak at East Dulwich and Peckham Rye Junction for quite some time (at least a month). I've now contacted thames water about it.

We'll see how long it takes for them to get their act together.

report a leak

@thameswater (twitter)

www.facebook.com/thameswater

Call our 24-hour freephone leakline on 0800 714 614.

You can find leak and maintenance reports on a map at https://inyourarea.thameswater.co.uk/, and enter your own report if you want. It seems to be the same map for several categories, with the same markers. Entering any local postcode will do to see it. The only one that might relate to the OP seems to be planned maintenance a bit further up Rye Lane, scheduled to start today.

***Update*** Reply for Thames Water "Hi Flux,...this is a private leak. We don't show these on our website - Luke".

They are dragging there feet regarding the leak issue, its been months. But I can't kick up a fuss if the residents will not act responsibly, and take charge and lead the way.

• 3 weeks later...

***Update*** Reply from Thames Water

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me yesterday, about the ongoing water leak in the area. I?m emailing an update to you as requested.

We?ve investigated the leak outside the above property, and I can confirm there?s no leak on our pipes. Although this isn?t a Thames Water issue, we do take leaks seriously, and are working with all parties concerned to ensure the leak is repaired.

I can confirm the work is scheduled to be done shortly, however due to data protection, I?m limited to the information I can provide you.

I?ll update you by 5 September 2017, when we?re hopeful the leak will have been repaired.

• 3 weeks later...

***Update*** Reply from Thames Water

I'm updating you by email, as I understand this is your preferred method of contact.

I can confirm that the leak at the above location has now been repaired.

If I don't hear from you by 27 September 2017, I'll understand you're happy with the response and I'll close your case.

If you need to contact me again about this, please call me on 0800 0093902. Our offices are open between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. If I'm unavailable when you call then you can either leave a message for me, or one of my colleagues will be pleased to speak to you.

Yours sincerely

Sue Grant

Customer Relations