soon to move to the area

Difficult to judge without knowing what it is you like CA - where are you moving from and what was good there?

It's possible to have a quiet drink and bite to eat or to have a raucous night out around the area - but not really possible to have a dance stangely enough

Opinion is varied about the merits of the many restaurants and bars so best bet is to have a mooch around the threads here (or even search for specific bar names in the search bar above)

I will say that it's an area I've live in for 8 years and intend to stay for many more - welcome.

Thanks for that!

I'm moving from Portsmouth, though originally from oxford, and my housemate from essex so nightlife is pretty varied in all three places. We are mainly wondering what the pub scene is like and what are the best ones to try out?!

We have been to the area to look a number of times and seen that there are a number of eating places so looking forwards to trying some of those out!

Also does anyone knows if the night bus stops near the roundabout at the bottom of lordship lane? and is it an ok route back to ED?

Sorry lots of questions!

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ratty, one for you!

>

> CA - The 176 nightbus stops at the very roundabout

> and the 12 nightbus stops about 75 yards away at

> the other end of Goose Green near the same

> roundabout

xxxxxxx

Now I'm confused and I've lived here for zillions of years!

Does the 12 nightbus have a different route to the 12 daybus? Or has my sense of distance gone the same way as my eyesight with age?

:)

kristymac1 Wrote:

> I think they mean the stop at the junction of East

> Dulwich Road and Peckham Rye for the number 12 -

> only a couple minutes walk from Goose Green......

xxxxx

Ah. Seemed a long 75 yards :)

Stay in Pompey! You'll get shot round here, fireworks shoved through your letter box, random people knocking on your door asking for money to visit ill relatives, harrassed by the young gang members coming out of the new YOT office, harangued by the number of bugaboos, have to put up with screaming children in every single bar - day and night, swamped by SNUB bags wherever you look, get roped into repainting a god awful bloody mural and your cat is bound to get lost!

ratty Wrote:

> Stay in Pompey! You'll get shot round here,

> fireworks shoved through your letter box, random

> people knocking on your door asking for money to

> visit ill relatives, harrassed by the young gang

> members coming out of the new YOT office,

> harangued by the number of bugaboos, have to put

> up with screaming children in every single bar -

> day and night, swamped by SNUB bags wherever you

> look, get roped into repainting a god awful bloody

> mural and your cat is bound to get lost!

ED can't be that bad surely?!

Night buses (think they run every 30 mins)

Number 12: It stops more like 10 minutes walk from Goose Green at Peckham Common. Then it cuts through the back of East Dulwich via Barry Road southbound.

Number 37: There is also the 37 between East and West - Putney to Peckham via Brixton and Herne Hill.

Number 176: Travels directly into ED down Lordship Lane from Trafalgar Square in about 30 minutes, and is always busy.

If your user name is any guide I think you'll like the coffee at Green and Blue, Nero if you're desperate for an early morning chain coffee, and Jacks; a little out of the way, but used to have the best coffee in ED. Skip.:)

Just another nightbus to throw in the mixer - the 63 from Kings Cross/Farringdon stops in the same place as the 12 (ED Rd/Peckham Rye Junction). My saviour time and again, even if the nightbus drivers do pick up psychotic tendencies after midnight (it makes for a quicker journey and is much cheaper than the taxi option).

On the pub front, I'd recommend nobody passing comment and allowing you to pick up the delightful experiences of one and all as you go. Let us know how many you make in one single night!