Can you still get biodegradable bags for garden waste

They had them in the library a couple of days ago, however they said they ration them because demand is so high.

If you need a lot, I would go to the office in Dulwich Park.

But I think you may be able to get them delivered directly from the council, as you can with bins?

I really miss the mini garden centre on Upland Rd as that's where I used to get mine. I've tried looking on the southwark website a while back & couldn't find any information, I thought they'd stopped doing them :( I don't understand why there is such a shortage?

Callie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I really miss the mini garden centre on Upland Rd

> as that's where I used to get mine. I've tried

> looking on the southwark website a while back &

> couldn't find any information, I thought they'd

> stopped doing them :( I don't understand why there

> is such a shortage?

Because people take a lot and stockpile them to save time wasting frequent trips to the park office?

Yes, Dulwich Pot and Plant next to North Dulwich Station have got them.

Plus also there is usually a large supply in the foyer at the Francis Peek Centre (the community centre) in Dulwich Park, which also has a large car park near to the College Gate entrance.

There is a phone number on the bags to ring if you want more, so I think they may deliver them as they do replacement bins.

Nigello, you can not easily wrap garden waste in newspaper, it would just all fall apart.

FYI, I was at Dulwich Park yesterday, so I popped into the Francis Peek Centre to check on the garden waste bags (yes, I'm sad!), and there were none...

So, I talked to a Park Warden who told me that the bags are delivered on Thursdays and are usually gone by Sunday at this time of year, so the best time to drop in and get them is Friday or Saturday at the latest.

SoozieW Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Or you could ask for a brown bin which is only for

> garden waste.

You could if you've got room for a green bin, blue bin and brown bin and have enough garden waste at all times of year to fill the brown bin .....