anyone having problems with royal mail sorting office?

sibbers1

hello all

iv been having problems with royal mail recently and this is why...

a couple of months back i purchased some dvds from the HMV website. i received a confirmation email that they had been dispatched and would reach me within 2-5 working days but after about 3 weeks i still hadnt received them. i therefore got in contact with HMV and they then sent me out replacement dvds which, surprise, surprise, never got to me either. around the same time i had purchased a few items from ebay of which 2 or 3 never reached me either (except one item that had been posted to a neighbour along with my bank statement!)

instead of receiving my mail all i seem to get is other peoples mail, some of which arent even on the same road as me! (i live on upland road). despite having asked the staff at the sorting office on sylvester road a number of times where my mail is it looks as if its all some how got lost in the post :-S.

as a result i am no longer having anything delivered to my address on upland road and am having to use my parents address instead

anyone else having similar problems?

What a terribly story.

I hope you are making a separate claim for compensation for each and every item missing.

I am on SE15 side of the park and our regular postie is delightful but tells us dreadful stories of how the Royal mail are treating its staff. No overtime. Yet they're expected to deliver items within a certain very unrealistic timeframe. And even worse - Royal Mail pays its CASUAL workers MORE than the regular staff.

I have to use Special Delivery service a lot to a company who uses it also to send to me. I estimate one in four of those packages does not get delivered the next day, I sometimes wait one or even two days for the important package to arrive. I make claims and get the postage back, but basically, the service for all really sucks.

I would most definitely recommend taking your grievances to the Manager of SE22 sorting office and also taking it further if necessary. All the relevant info can be found on the claim form which you can get from a Post office.

I live on Worlingham rd, and have had 2 films from Lovefilm not delivered over a 3 week period (I have reported to lovefilm also) - normally they are spot on.

I've also noticed that my general post volume seem's to have dropped over the same period.

Anyone got any contact numbers to use for Royal mail?

Sorry to hear of your experience. I live right near the sorting office and I have to say I get amazing service. I get a lot of special delivery mail and the sorting office staff know me and know where I live. That doesn't help you (sorry) but I just wanted to say that somebody (me) is getting a decent service from Royal Mail.

As regards your Ebay purchases, if you paid using Paypal and you are within 30 days of purchase then you should immediately file a "goods not received" complaint with Paypal. I know this seems a bit unfair to the seller but, frankly, it is the way ebay works. It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that the buyer receives the goods and if the seller is not able to offer proof of receipt by the buyer (not proof of posting - that is meaningless) then the buyer can file for a refund with Paypal within 30 days. If the seller has not sent the item via a trackable method then they are screwed. The onus is 100% on the seller to do this. It does not matter one iota if you did not pay for secure postage as secure postage protects the SELLER, not the buyer. This may all seem barmy but trust me, it is true. If the seller then wants to make a claim with Royal Mail then that is for them to do and is not your problem. As the buyer, your way forward is "goods not received" claim with Paypal.

Our Postie leaves packages outside our front door, in full view of the public... I have complained time and time again but it still happens to us and I have seen our neighbours packages (for want of a different expression) out there too...

We have probs with Royal Mail all the time. We live in a converted house with a number of flats...there are days when none of us get any post. We try as much as possible to have things delivered to my work address which seem to make it there ok.

We have complained before to Royal Mail but each complaint has to be logged separately which means its difficult for them to see a pattern forming at specific areas/addresses.

We have terrible problems with our mail, I live on, the dimly lit, Oakhurst Grove. We regularly get our neighbours mail and mail for Worlingham Road!! Our mail has been left on our doorstep rather than being pushed through the letterbox. I have had tickets go missing and cheques removed from birthday cards. I complain every time but the service never improves!

Up in Abbotswood Road, I've had many a parcel disappear (including a registered one that ended back with the sender before I knew it existed - no delivery, no card) and no mail for days on end.

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to 'Anyone NOT having problems with Royal Mail'?? It might be more apt (though a little empty).

I can't remember the last time any of my post has gone astray. Amazon packages a plenty, recent birthday presents and even the an envelope with money in that a stupid relation put in.

I suppose it only takes one dodgy postal worker to disrupt a whole area's post. I presume that the Royal Mail is not stupid enough to see a pattern of 'lost' post.

Both at work and at home, we often get misdirected mail (though sometimes the address on the envelope is not clear). I always write on the envelope that it was sent to the wrong address and re-post it.

I wonder if it is always the Royal Mail at fault.

I've had no card put through the door, and the goods therefore 'returned to sender' because I didn't go to collect them. Not at all sure they ever arrived at sender.

Also had a card 'sorry you were out' put through the door when we were here. Ran out of the house on a mad postie hunt, but to no avail.

Do get some parcels though, so maybe just one guy who's hopeless/corrupt. And yes I have complained, but doubt that it does anything.

cdonline Wrote:

> I suppose it only takes one dodgy postal worker to

> disrupt a whole area's post. I presume that the

> Royal Mail is not stupid enough to see a pattern

> of 'lost' post.

>

> xxxxxxxxx

The Royal Mail used to have an Investigation Department which amongst other things identified patterns of "lost" post and then, erm, investigated them. Including having viewing galleries over sorting offices, etc etc

No idea if this still happens, but I'd be suprised if it didn't.

Peckhamdoll, you can hardly blame someone employed by Royal Mail for slagging off casuals working out of the same office, suggest you complain to the central Customer Service Department rather than the sorting office itself :)

I am in Ferris Road and post of ours seems to be going missing lately.. That we know so far of a wedding invite and 2 letters from Kings hospital so fairly important stuff in my life... I would hope its not due to people just not delivering my stuff!

guess I'll be calling the post office..

Maybe I've just been lucky, but in 5 years living in ED I've never had a problem with my post. I get loads of parcels delivered, our postie is very friendly and helpful. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm generally at home during the day? Our long standing postie recently retired, but has been replaced by someone just as good.