East Dulwich Women's Institute

suzyq

Hi all, Tried joining the existing WI in ED only to find that the waiting list was closed and they were full. I was toying with the idea of starting up a second branch for ED and I was wondering if there were any interested ladies out there??

The Honor oak group sometimes have guest speakers on a variety of subjects: fan museum, aromatherapy, history of playing cards, genealogy, local history. We sometimes have craft demonstrations and have a go: dry felting, block printing etc. We sometimes try new activities - Morris dancing, Nordic walking, crown green bowls, creative writing. We have also had cheese/wine and beer tasting. We have a monthly book group, hold stalls at local fairs etc. A very varied and interesting programme!

suzyq Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi all, Tried joining the existing WI in ED only

> to find that the waiting list was closed and they

> were full. I was toying with the idea of starting

> up a second branch for ED and I was wondering if

> there were any interested ladies out there??

Report this to WI HQ and the branch may be told to bifurcate itself.

Hi all, Did a bit of research on how to form a WI. We need 8 interested parties, 3 of whom must be willing to act as chairman, secretary and treasurer. I f any of you are still interested please let me know and I'll take this further.

Thanks

Hi all, I was on the committee of the East Dulwich WI helping with membership. The list has been closed for some time as there were about 100 ladies on it. There are still around 80 on it and the current committee has been talking about setting up a second WI for some time but needs other people to run it. I suggest you get in touch with the current committee and let them know you're interested in taking it on and you'll have a ready made group if you contact all the people on the waiting list too. http://eastdulwichwi.co.uk/contact-us/ Sarah