allotments

solar

Does anyone know how to get an allotment please?

The Stuart Road ones look great but they are very popular and it's difficult just to get on the waiting list, let alone actually getting one!

I Would be grateful for any suggestions.

We've been on the list for a plot at One Tree Hill Allotments for 4 years, and I was hoping we might be getting close to the top of the list. Wishful thinking obviously - I've just looked at their website, and they're now saying it could be a 10 year wait for Southwark residents if they apply now.

The Stuart Road allotments come up for renewal each year in September so they may open the waiting list again then. There are more than 200 whole plots, many of which are becoming divided into two (to allow new members in) and I think they cap the waiting list at around 150 (if a committee member is reading they may be able to confirm or correct this) but there is a fair degree of turnover and it is worth getting your name on the list if you are able.

Hello,

The Stuart Road Allotments have a blog that explains the Waiting List for you.

https://stuartroadallotmentsociety.wordpress.com/waiting-list/

Traditionally the Waiting List is opened in March, after the AGM. It is opened when the numbers of the list fall below 50. If you sign up to the website, an update will be published when the Waiting List is open - which will send you an email.

Thank you for your help everyone.

I've signed up for the Stuart Road newsletter on their website and have applied to go on the Grove waiting list.

My retirement is rapidly looming so I'm looking for some interesting new things to do with my time.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

If anyone would like to share an allotment or would just like help please PM me and let me know. I am really keen and more than willing to put in some decent time and support but don't want the responsibility of a whole plot to myself at the moment.

I live in ED but have a car and a bike.

Jenny

At Grove (and probably elsewhere) you can apply for just half a full size plot, or maybe even smaller.

JenJen911 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello!

>

> If anyone would like to share an allotment or

> would just like help please PM me and let me know.

> I am really keen and more than willing to put in

> some decent time and support but don't want the

> responsibility of a whole plot to myself at the

> moment.

>

> I live in ED but have a car and a bike.

>

> Jenny