Toast ED no more...

Cora

NewWave Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I only ate there once and was very underwhelmed.

> It just never looked very inviting tbh.

I ate there several times and the food was absolutely delicious. Not recently though.

ETA: I mean I haven't eaten there recently.

Yes, you're right.

I've appended summary descriptions of the A Classes.

I suspect some EDF contributors are not familiar with these.

A1 Shops - Shops, retail warehouses, hairdressers, undertakers, travel and ticket agencies, post offices, pet shops, sandwich bars, showrooms, domestic hire shops, dry cleaners, funeral directors and internet cafes.

A2 Financial and professional services - Financial services such as banks and building societies, professional services (other than health and medical services) and including estate and employment agencies. It does not include betting offices or pay day loan shops - these are now classed as ?sui generis? uses (see below).

A3 Restaurants and caf?s - For the sale of food and drink for consumption on the premises - restaurants, snack bars and cafes.

A4 Drinking establishments - Public houses, wine bars or other drinking establishments (but not night clubs) including drinking establishments with exapnded food provision.

A5 Hot food takeaways - For the sale of hot food for consumption off the premises

Lynne Wrote:

> The last time I went I honestly thought they'd

> forgotten to put the meat into my meal, there was

> so little of it.

Did you order meat? Really surprised by this, if you go and order e.g. a pork loin, you get a big chunk of meat. The smaller plates are clearly not traditional "meat mains" and are priced as such. I've always really liked the place, some dishes are a bit hit-and-miss but I've had several really memorable things there that compare favourably with properly high-end restaurants. They're particularly good at making vegetables taste amazing.

Lynne Wrote:

> The last time I went I honestly thought they'd

> forgotten to put the meat into my meal, there was

> so little of it

Was this the vegetarian night you mention above? :))