Bulky Waste Collection Service...

Southwark Bulky Waste Collection...

Pay ?16. Check.

Book a date. Check.

Received an email stating a number of points relating to placing, timing, location, access, obstruction, health and safety, etc,

Place items at front of property on Sunday afternoon, in time for an arranged Monday 6am to 6pm collection. Check.

[personally dragged a double mattress and two halves of a divan bed downstairs from my flat, attached a note, covered in plastic, with the reference number and number of agreed items, and a thanks.]. Apologised to downstairs elderly neighbour as the items lean against her sitting room window and also block access to all of our bins. Told her they'd be 'gone tomorrow'.

Next day, no collection.

There is no phone access to Bulky Waste Collection but you CAN complete an online form entitled 'Missed Bulky Waste Collection' which says they will contact you within 3 working days...

No response from an email I sent to the originator of the first email and no phone access.

So now I think that any time I might use the 'Bulky Waste Collection Service' I have to consider the impact of leaving large items for several days outside my property, inconveniencing myself and others.

I don't think this is ok, I can't stand being so passive and so I would be grateful for any ideas as it's now Tues night.

thanks.

I had the same experience in January Jacqui. Dragged everything down 2 flights of stairs, stored in agreed place on day we had booked and paid for. Came back from work...stuff still there.

Letting agent fuming and threatening to charge us for leaving items in property after rental contract had expired.

They eventually came and got the remnants of our stuff but that was about 5 days later after it had been picked over. Seeing someone trying to cram our sofa into their Nissan Micra was amusing though.

On a serious note, it's a shoddy service. You may as well not pay money for it. You pay up, but you don't get the service you paid for.

I've had a couple of bulky collections recently and both were collected on time. I know that the website and the recorded telephone messages say there is no telephone access to the bulky collection service, but you can get through to the general refuse customer service section, and I'm sure they wouldn't refuse to speak to you about a missed collection, particularly if your email hasn't been answered.

Thanks Growlybear.

Southwark Council would only direct me to their Complaints Service number.

I have phoned them three times this morning and despite the 'if you prefer not to queue' message, they then cut you off with a 'call back later'.

Impossible.

My housebound elderly neighbour sitting in the gloom isn't too happy, either.