Wife attacked by dog on Peckham Park

This is just a warning for park users. Last Wednesday my wife and a friend were walking their dogs in the park when our dog (on a lead) was aggressed by a husky (not on a lead). My wife and her friend asked the owner to put the husky on the lead but she didn't. As they went to leave the park, the dog attacked (for the third time) our dog knocking my wife to the ground and inadvertently biting her hand. The husky owner left the park without leaving her details. My wife spent two days in hospital and has received multiple stitches to her right hand. We have informed the police but without the owners details there's little they can do. Whereas my wife is now unlikely to use the park for walking our dogs again - I have no doubt that the husky owner would have no such compunction.

Hi sorry about your wife being bitten, not sure if it helps I saw a huskie dog today walking passed Marks & Spencer around 11.45ish them crossing the lights towards North X road only noticed it as you do not see them that often.

Sorry to hear about this - very scary. Just for context there are

Several very calm huskies in Peckham rye park who pose no threat at all.

I do hope your wife revisits soon as this sounds like a horrible but

unusual occurrence- and dreadful for the dogs too. What time did this jasper?

Best regards and speedy recovery

I recognise the description of the dog concerned. It is an unusually large husky cross - the female owner told me it is not quite a year old. It is closer in size to a Great Dane than the normal husky size. The owner is young and slight and struggles to control it on the lead as it is very strong. On the whole, it is not an aggressive dog, but young and untrained.

I speak as a dog owner (I have two dogs). Training is vital if you are a dog owner.

She did walk it regularly in Peckham Park in the morning , coming in through the entrance at Forest Hill Road by the crosswalk. No idea where she lives, but perhaps someone might recognise this description.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No idea if this is the same dog - looked like a large Malamute. Yesterday in Peckham Rye he came bounding over to our dogs and started to jump all over my fiends older dog, who has severe arthritis. She asked the owner to call her dog off but the dog was intent on playing, so my friend had to pull the dog off and hand it back his owner. She could hardly handle the dog at all, there was no apology and she let it off minutes later and it ran off to do the same to another dog. He was most certainly young and playful rather than dangerous, but definitely not under control.