Dear Responsible Parent in Barry Road/Goodrich road area.

Dear neighbour, we only live next door, you know where we live so please come and let us know as we don't read the forum and if we don't know that it's an issue for you then it'll only get worse.

(It's not us by the way, our children are locked in a soundproof room until they're old enough to play outside quietly) #responsibleparentsANDneighbours

I really sympathise, I've had similar for years, not just at half term, from a family in a nearby road (not mine).

Including at crack of dawn on Sunday mornings, and on some occasions joined by an adult also.

My heart used to sink every day when they came home from school. I feel really sorry for people whose houses are closer than mine and who work at home or are otherwise at home.

It's improved of late, maybe one or some of the immediate neighbours complained, or else the children are past the shouting and screaming stage (please God).

Of course young children scream and shout, it's part of being a young child. It's also kind of their parents and carers to teach them not to do it at length outside on a regular basis in a built up area where there are other residents.

The odd occasion, fine. Unless it's 7.30 am, in which case not fine.

I'm with you and Sue. My old next door neighbour had 3 boys and used to shunt them into the garden at 7ish both Saturday and Sundays when most people are off work, and wouldn't mind a little lie-in. (She didn't go out to work). She obviously wanted a bit of peace and quiet herself but it is really obnoxious at that hour. It is possible to play fairly quietly in a huge garden. A bit of live and and let live, i.e being aware of others wouldn't go a miss.

Mind you the same person had a tree surgeon start work in her back garden with his chainsaw at the same time one Saturday, so she clearly didn't give a monkeys :)

ollieloudon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Get over yourself and get a job

And you know the OP hasn't got a job how?

What a charming second post. I can see you will be a welcome contributor to the forum.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ollieloudon Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Get over yourself and get a job

>

>

> A career in the diplomatic services beckons for

> you Ollie. :)

Ollie Loud On :)

Sounds a bit like "We're staying/leaving get over it and prepare to be indicted for high treason due to messing up the country/obstructing the will of the people"

0730 and I'm also at my desk. By about 9am when I pop out for breakfast I contra-flow the pinched, harried faces of the 08.37 commute crowd scuttling in and huffing about their train being crowded and late. Kids at that time are fine except perhaps Sunday mornings when it's a bit inconsiderate. Far worse is the angle grinder, born from the loft/kitchen extension and paid for by said wage slave job.