Is East Dulwich the poor part of Dulwich??

trinidad

Dulwich consist of Dulwich Village, East Dulwich, West Dulwich and North Dulwich.

With Dulwich Village forming a traditional village feeling, East Dulwich, is East of the area with its own character and boarding Peckham Rye, West Dulwich is mainly residential and boarding West Norwood and Tulse Hill. North Dulwich (Herne Hill) boarding Brixton, Denmark Hill, Loughborough Junction and Tulse Hill.

I have often heard others refer to ED as the poor part of Dulwich, thought please???

Since ED became gentrified, there are pockets of social deprivation, rather than a wholesale area of it.

I'd say the poorest parts currently is the area around the East Dulwich Estate, the part of Lordship Lane surrounding the Grove and Dawson Heights which have social housing and privately owned one bedroom rents. As I say, pockets as there are expensive houses next to those areas.

I remember parts of Crystal Palace Road near the surgery not being particularly middle class twenty years ago, but times have changed.

There are definitely poor people in East Dulwich, I know because I am a one of them! hahaha. I'm not sure if Dulwich Village has any poor people in it, I suspect it does. There are a lot of poor people in East Dulwich/London due morgage debt but of those, a large majority think they are not poor or they behave as if they weren't which is not a bad thing.

East Dulwich is living proof that places can thrive without being connected to the Underground network. ED pulls in young families in their droves, attracted by one of the most interesting and varied shopping streets in south London and frequent rush-hour trains to London Bridge that take just 15 minutes. Add to the mix a much-needed new comprehensive school being built on the Dulwich Hospital site in East Dulwich Road and a new Picturehouse cinema in Lordship Lane, and there is now no reason to leave.

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/area-guides/southwark-borough/east-dulwich/living-in-east-dulwich-area-guide-to-homes-schools-and-transport-links-a114876.html