Crawthew Grove dumping rubbish

worldwiser

I've been trying to get the council to do something about this - a dozen emails and phone calls. I've asked our councillor to wade in. I've put notes through their door. This has been going on for months now. It's completely unacceptable. The occupants of this newly converted block of flats are causing an unsanitary blight on the neighbourhood and I'd be grateful for suggestions on what more I could be doing to rid us of this antisocial nuisance!

Hi worldwiser

I live in this block (but do not contribute to the mess) and this has been annoying me too. We did receive letters from the council recently explaining that the recycling should be left on LL rather than CG. Have emailed the managing agent asking him to explain to the other residents as they seem to have missed it.

We have previously received mixed messages as to rubbish collections so assume that has resulted in the confusion.

BMB

Thanks for this BMB. I do wonder if dumping it on Lordship Lane is really appropriate either. I had thought that the doors to the left of your entrance were supposed to be where refuse is stored. Either way people must realise that it's attracting vermin (I see foxes ripping it apart every week) and creating a health hazard. This in addition to the fact that sometimes the pavement is impassable - I actually had to move the bags today to get past with my baby in a buggy. We just shouldn't have to put up with this. I'd be very grateful if you could pass these comments to the managing agent and let me know their reply. Many thanks indeed.

I?ve complained to Southwark via the online form a number of times. I?m not quite sure why the form promises to deal with dumped rubbish over a period of 24 hours. I last reported the dump of rubbish on Crawthew Grove on 5 November, and emailed later that week. The pile has only grown since then - I notice the rubbish wasn?t removed with the Tuesday when all other residents rubbish is collected. The pub also contributes to this by consistently leaving rubbish on the corner - right now there is an old blow up mattress out there.

I spoke to Southwark environment a week ago and a seemingly very concerned man promised to follow up. I first complained in August and wanted to know what had been done since. Clearly they are doing the bare minimum, if that.

I'm also trying an alternative approach via Southwark Planning. I feel sure that waste removal will have to have been addressed when they converted the offices into flats. The offices had a daily collection by a commercial waste company from a large wheeliebin. The council will not have agreed to street dumping as a solution. So they are probably in breach of their planning conditions. Yes the pub's waste is pretty awful too, I agree.

Hi - black bin bag collections are on Thursdays from outside of the block entrance. Clear bag recycling collections are on Wednesdays from LL. I've asked the managing agent to inform/remind the other residents of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like matters were resolved. For one week. And now it's piled up again, worse than ever.

James, can you get the council to confirm precisely what it is they have actually done? And should there now not be the threat of a penalty for not complying? It is quite stupefying how much effort and time is having to be spent on dealing with this.

• 2 weeks later...