New 176 buses

Bic Basher

And even better - they are far less frequent, I understand, so will bother those they pass by even less! Roll-on Lower Southwark being wholly cut-off from the rest of London, but in a quiet(er) way. Tooley St. must be devastated that the ASLEF action may be being called off, and must rely on the RMT to keep up the misery.

About time, years too late as well! I remember those bus new in early 2000's! I live right on the road they use so I have to hear them roar pass both ways! Night time was more annoying, quiet road then......ROAR!!!!!!!!!! Amazed it took so long, think they were newer replaced bus's than the other routes in the early 2000's then the other routes got better bus, but no not the 176, that stock had to go on for more years! what a faf, I saw on scrap kings tv program the exact type of bus 176 use, getting ripped to bits, was very satisfying, so by noisy bus, hello cleaner quieter more uplifting interior and cleaner bus! way long passed it cell by date! life got better all the sudden i feel! HA

I live on Lordship Lane and it is noticeably quieter. The old ones sounded like someone was trying to suck your brains out of your ear with a vacuum cleaner. Hopefully the new buses have heating too. I remember regularly been absolutely frozen in winter by the time you eventually reached Tottenham Court Road on the old 176.

I saw that some of them were ending at Aldwych. Is that going to be a more usual thing, I wonder? Heating is OK but if it is switched on at the factory and the driver CBA to switch it off once the day warms up it can be unpleasant. Glad they're here but I have to say I much prefer to walk as much as I can, especially as most people don't seem to be able to grasp the need to "move down inside" let alone go upstairs.