Is there any decent coffee in East Dulwich?

Clare11

So, where is all the good coffee in East Dulwich.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get a cup of coffee that isn't too hot, too strong, and burnt.

Seems everywhere I go is like drinking hot lava in a burnt milk soup..where is the REAL stuff??

Try Petitou in Peckham Rye, 63 Choumert Road. Great coffee and fab pastries, cakes etc.....yum I think unfortunately coffee is a 'new' thing in the UK, having lived here for 8 years, its definately got better, but there is still a long way to go. I can never understand how people can get it so wrong - there are only 3 ingrediants! Often it tastes crap because the milk or the coffee are burnt, or there isnt enough coffee in the drip bit (sorry pregnant brain cant remember what its called)

It tends to depend on which member of staff is on coffee duty, how busy/awake they are and how clean the machines happen to be that hour.

The place you are talking about is probably Green and Blue, and I have had great coffee there. I have also had very bad coffee there. The same could be said for any of the places on the Lane - from the EDT to the Horniman. That said, I never had worse than a mediocre cup in Liquorish, the Chandelier, Blue Mountian or the Thai cafe opposite the Horniman.

And for the credit cruncher option...you may laugh, but the latte at East Dulwich cafe (yes, the greasy spoon next to the record shop on LL) was always pretty good, reminded me of galao in Portugal. And at ?1 a mug - nice!

Overall cafe experience and value for money I would say Cafe 2050.

In terms of Coffee, I think Blue Mountain does a rather good job, I normally drink espresso macchiato so have not tried that many lattes/cappuccinos in ED.

Although this week I tried a ?flat white? from the retro silver van on North Cross Road mentioned above and it was really good. (tu) Having said that, I do not think that it is very environmentally friendly to use a petrol/diesel fuelled generator to power the coffee machine. (td)

I could murder a coffee right now. I feel like shit. I have a hangover from hell and I haven't slept in two days and I've had to come into work this morning after a night of serious debauchery and no sleep. Having said that I take Asset's approach to coffee making and the best is made at home. Always works best for me, though I'd quite like to go to Jamaica like EDOdie to have one, just as long as someone else is paying, I'll buy the coffee and someone else can pay the plane fare.

bon3yard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Milan.

Naples! Once you've tried the coffee there anything outside the city limits tastes unacceptable.

However, if anyone can tell me of a source of drinkable espresso in E. Dulwich or Camberwell I'd be very grateful.

I recently had the worst cappucino I've had in a long time at Green and Blue, so no, not 'the best coffee on Lordship Lane' as claimed.

For me, bizarrely, the best cappucino in the local area can be had in the Palmerston,its always a good flavoursome strength, though keep meaning to find what brand it is, quality of foam is variable depending upon who makes it.