Shooting in Lordship Lane opposite Grove Tavern

Apparently either in or just outside Bodi Salon, 489 Lordship Lane SE22, somebody was shot 3 times tonight between 1730 and 1800.

Armed police and ambulance in attendance but as the road has not been closed I don't think there are any fatalities.

A local shopkeeper saw the perpetrator running away ................

Horrible, horrible times but these incidents are becoming more and more frequent in every part of London, even East Dulwich.

malcolmchurch Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apparently either in or just outside Bodi Salon,

> 489 Lordship Lane SE22, somebody was shot 3 times

> tonight between 1730 and 1800.

>

"Apparently" .... So did this happen or not? strange, given no media coverage ...

Very surprised about lack of news reports. this is what I know happened.

I travelled by bus to Overhill Road going south on Lordship Lane about 6pm. Heard lots of sirens and saw several police cars travelling at speed which overtook bus.

Disembarked at Overhill Road bus stop and saw several police cars and an ambulance outside Bodi Salon. There was police blue tape cordoning off a rectangle outside the salon with several police talking to people inside the rectangle. An armed police officer was standing by his car on the road. There was just enough room to walk between the road and the police tape which I did and I visited Food and Wine (between Two Brothers and Bodi Salon). Made a purchase and the shopkeeper told me there had been a shooting at the Salon. On leaving the shop I spoke to another shopkeeper who I know personally and he told me somebody had been shot 3 times and the he had seen the perpetrator running away.

All of the above is what I know happened. I did not "actually" see the shooting.

rendelharris Wrote:

> Even in this day and age a shooting would at least

> make the local press. Obviously something

> happened, possibly a bit of Chinese whispers

> amongst the people Malcolm spoke to has

> exaggerated the severity of the incident?

Armed police, police tape and an ambulance would seem to suggest it was relatively severe?

For sure - perhaps something like an armed robbery, but it's easy when rumours are going round to quickly go from "the guy said he had a gun" to "the guy had a gun" to "the guy shot someone." Could be completely wrong but the lack of press coverage, even in the Standard and the Croydon Advertiser, does seem odd.

uncleglen Wrote:

> Was this a random pot shot? Was the victim

> expecting a pop at him?....many questions left

> unanswered here

As Trident are involved we could assume that it was gang related so in answer to your questions, probably not a random pot shot and but probably was expecting it (although maybe not at that precise moment in time).