Green & Blue

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but last night myself and some friends went to Green & Blue for supper.

It was my first visit there and I must say that I thought that it was a great place and service was good too. The fact that all the wine was shop not restaurant prices made it even more palatable! The three of us had two very (very) nice bottles of wine and food for a mere ?50. I was very impressed.

Just thought it would be to put some positive feedback on here. >:D<

I've been in a few times lately (no surprise there) and unusually haven't seen Kate (the owner) around which I reckon is a good sign. Plenty of good staff in there now to which she can delegate to an concentrate on the business

At the weekend they had a red on the tasting table which was well lush and even tho it was pricier than our usual we had a bottle - must remember the label and recommend it

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this as a few of us went to the Tuesday shop-prices-in-the-bar offer last night. A couple of G&B virgins, one of whom said he has avoided the place as it always seemed pretentious

Well, by the end of the evening he was singing a different tune. Marvellous evening with some great company and gorgeous wines. I even heard talk of making it a regular fixture..

I didn't see many of the regular bar staff but we were well looked after and just wanted to give the place another (tu)

Damn right I was singing a different tune. I don't understand why I hadn't been in this little gem of a place before. Wonderful selection of wines at a very reasonable rate, good service and knowledgeable staff, very pleasant surroundings and of course excellent company to boot. A very enjoyable evening indeed. Must go again soon.(tu)

G&B - great place, nice decor, good staff and it attracts a fine set of punters. Including us last night, sorry Anna, the invitation to G&B was a flexible thing and wasnt ment to exclude.

I suspect that there will be many more G&Bcentric evenings. It being a great place that does a nice mushroom tart.

You can be chatty and stay on topic.

Ultraconsultancy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Polly D - what on earth is in a veggy scotch egg?

> The suggestion is so irrational that I think it

> must be a joke!

A veggie Scotch egg is very much like a normal Scotch egg except without the sausage meat or the egg.

G and B is great. The Clapham one doesn't have the same feel, but the wines, service are still good. Nero

(BTW, James, I thought Mars etc. went back on their threat to ban veggy rennet? I remember thinking what a PR stunt it was when they said they'd ban it, then they reconsidered.)