Dangerous staffie in Peckham Rye park

Rosyposie

I just wanted to give any dog walkers a heads up about a dangerous staffie in Peckham Rye park. I was there today walking with my friend and her puppy (on it's lead) when we were approached by a staffie off it's lead. For a split second , we thought it was being friendly but it suddenly tried to grab my friend's puppy by the throat and attack it. Thankfully a man helped drag the staffie off (I'm 9 months pregnant and my friend was trying the get her puppy away). The owner eventually turned up but didn't even apologise. She was also quite an old lady that i no way could have been strong enough to control that dog.

Thankfully the puppy was just very shaken up but this could have been a lot worse. if there is anywhere to report dangerous dogs locally I'd love to know as this dog should be on a harness and wear a muzzel at the very least.

Thanks for flagging, KrackersMaracas. I doesn't look like the same dog in the picture on that thread, as she was definitely more of a toffee colour. The owner was blond though with short hair and a black leather jacket and I'd say a bit older than the lady in the picture on that thread.

The puppy is doing fine thanks, it's so lucky that someone stepped in to get the dog off. It's shocking that these unruly dogs can't even be reported to a local warden or park ranger.