Dog poo in Dulwich

froggy9

There is an increasing amount of dog poo staying on the pavements around Dulwich. I want to make a call out to local residents, if anyone sees someone not clearing up after their dog then, please ask them to. This is not just disgusting, but dangerous.

Does anyone know if the council should clean up after others?

• 2 weeks later...

There is an absolute responsibility for dog owners to pick up their dog poo. I know all of my mates who walk their dogs in Peckham Rye Park every day respect the rules in the park, and I would always pick up my dog?s poo if he ever did poo on the pavement. We get the odd poo or two on Scutari Road from owners heading to the park, which I find as upsetting and negligent as all of the voices on this thread. My normal approach to this is to pick up/bag the poo for the sake of other local folks, which is also,a habit I have if I find a dog poo in the park I wander across. I?m sure most dog owners are hugely focused on their dogs output and that the increase in volume is centred around the parts of ED that are not so close to parks. Not defending the owners, because you can?t blame the dogs.

If your dog drops it, you have to pick it up.

Its odd how its suddenly got worse, one thing I'm sure about is dog walkers who let their dogs off the lead at night time will have no idea where their dogs are pooing or even if they are running around on the Rye - saw this yesterday with a person who had 4 dogs tearing around all over the place

It has definitely got worse recently on the pavements. I don't know about the parks. Perhaps its a seasonal thing, as its dark early, so dog walkers go to the parks less in the evening, and just wander the streets...hence more sh!t on pavement, and less in park....either way its a bloody disgrace....