Ambulance Upland Road

Bea8

If I was in an incident requiring emergency services to attend, I would be furious if I found out people who knew why were blabbing to total strangers on the internet who wanted to find out details of my misfortune.

I dont think its any of your business until someone involved chooses to tell you.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think we all deserve to know just what the heck

> was going on.

Why?

Presumably you'd like to share similarly personal information with us here? How about telling us your deep medical history so we can all know?

My god there are some nosey sods in this world. Let?s hope whatever happened, the person is safe and being treated in hospital. Not that we need to know, it really isn?t anyone else?s business.

Some awful people in this world, honestly.

Louisa.

are Angharad and OP same person?

police accompanying an ambulance is not unusual.

don't worry - if it was a murder you would have seen the yellow 'do not enter' barriers. Ergo, it's not relevant to you.

maybe for another time, in the spirit of community and all that, you might venture out and get to know who your neighbours are and then be genuinely concerned for their wellbeing, rather than being concerned you've missed something exciting.

All noted with thanks. I will take a deep hard look at myself and address all issues/concerns raised... but for now, I'm off to do some more curtain twitching.

Yours sincerely,

Nosey, awful, non community spirited Angharad... oops, i mean Bea!

ianr Wrote:

> Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > rather than being

> > concerned you've missed something exciting.

>

> That's nasty and totally uncalled for.

On the contrary, I think it is bang on the money.

Jimlad48,

Recently you posted regarding an incident involving a cyclist whereby a father was actively encouraging his children to jump a red light. You didn't like some of the comments you received as a result and your response was that people were turning your post in to something it wasn't. You stated you were genuinely concerned about the children.

Well i, like you, was also genuinely concerned.

You also asked some of those who commented on your post in a negative way why they read it in the first place just to make sarcastic, patronising comments.

Well, i like you, feel the same.

If you think I wanted something exciting to happen, you are wrong. And that says more about your mind than mine.

It just might be worth you remembering what you have posted yourself previously, just to appear less hypocritical in future.

There is an entire world of difference between observing very public (and exceptionally dangerous) behaviour visible to anyone present at the time, and asking for information on a private medical incident, inside a private residence where the person privately received treatment in the privacy of their own home.

One ocurred in public, one ocurred in private.

If something occurs in public view, then it isnt unreasonable to comment on, or ask about it. Such activity is the lifeblood of this forum with people wanting to know about certain activity.

By contrast, asking very publically for a medical update on a private citizen, who is being treated in private in the privacy of their own home, knowing the answer would be visible to anyone in the world with internet access. Well thats a different game.

How would you feel if a close relative of yours had a nasty accident necessitating ambulance intervention, and then discovered local residents who didnt know your relative, never spoken to them or seemingly? made any effort to get to know them or be neighbourly were suddenly asking for public updates on their private health condition? If it was my relative, I would be livid.

If you really care, then instead of being a nosey neighbour content to speculate anonymously, go? and knock on their door, introduce yourself and say 'I hope you are okay, can I do anything to help'?

Given you have seemingly never done this before, what would knowing about someones private medical situation acheive for you beyond a bit of gossip and a vague sense that you somehow care by not doing anything to actively make the situation better.

Bottom line in my book is simple - if you do something in public, where others can see you or be imlpacted by your actions, then it is appropriate to pass comment. What happens indoors is private until such point as the individual chooses to share it, and should not be discussed by others.

The cycling post by the way turned into a 'cyclists vs the world debate' which is slightly different to its purpose of highlighting a very specific case of very public activity that threatened child safety.

Jimlad, I think you're making rather broad assumptions there - how do you know it was "a private medical incident, inside a private residence where the person privately received treatment in the privacy of their own home"? There's nothing in the post to imply that; one would think that rather unlikely in fact, the police don't send generally two cars to accompany ambulances attending just for treatment. Surely most likely someone was injured in either an accident on the road or a crime, in either of which cases it's quite understandable for a resident of the street to enquire as to what happened. I understand all the points about curtain twitching and neighbourliness etc, but to go from Bea's fairly innocent enquiry regarding an ambulance and police cars in her street to accusing her of "asking very publically for a medical update on a private citizen, who is being treated in private in the privacy of their own home" isn't really justifiable or fair.

Jimlad48, it is sometimes better to know when to leave things and move on, rather than try to push your opinions on to people as if they were facts... a much more dignified look in a person, I always thought. Otherwise, it could be observed that arguing on this forum is the only happiness you have in your life and what a unfortunate little life that would be... in my opinion of course. I wish you a wonderful Monday! Bea

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Dbrskh Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Wow, what a shitty forum this can be.

>

> Agreed. But it is the nature of online forums.

> Some people are just incapable of civil

> conversation.

Actually I love forums like this. I enjoy using them to practise structring arguments and debates and trying out views I may or may not hold. Thats the wonder of the net - its a way to test whether you agree with.the arguments you espouse.