juicypips666 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is a dog barking non-stop in a garden on

> Upland Road, is anyone else hearing it? It's a

> reoccurring problem,

> and I am trying to identify where it lives so I

> can make owners aware of it. PM me if you prefer

> to. Many thanks

I don't think the owners can be unaware of it.

Yes, I had a neighbour whose dog hated being left and would bark the place down the rare times his retired owner went out without him, he was quiet when she was there.

Mind you I am not sure quite what complaining achieved in her case, I know some of the neighbours had complained but it wasn't practical to take the dog everywhere and I think the dog was too old to be trained to stop.

Dogs are apparently allowed to bark for 15 minuets continuously of each hour for 6 continuous hours every single day long term before it is considered a nuisancewworth investigating. If they nod off on hour 5 the cycle is broken and needs to start again. Councils don?t get involved without this evidence but if provided they and also proved on their investigation might request the owner got a behavioristetc for the dog. Perhaps sell up and move and offer to walk the dog during house viewings.

So we live at the dunstans end of Upland and have a dog but ours is not left a home in the day at all and when we are in he rarely barks. We do however sometimes have an issue with him hearing another dog bark which set him off, wondering if this could be the dog in question... who sets him off I mean.

There is a guy on the end of Hindmans Rd {where it crosses into Upland Road} often seen outside, either washing or fixing his car, who does own a dog I have witnessed barking. I too hear the repetitive barking, that seems to last for hours, however I have not heard the barking as of late. It's extremely irritating & do hope the owner has been confronted by now.

If you should continue to hear the barking, take a walk & try to follow the sound. Since the barking is "non-stop" it should give you enough time to trace it to the dog in question.

I heard that reporting a dog will show up when you try to sell your property (i.e. that you reported a noise issue) and it could be a deterrent for buyers. I hope you find who is responsible and they either train their dog to stop barking (it's possible), get a dog-sitter, or take their dog out with them more. Good luck.

Our neighbour reported to the council that our dog was barking "from 5am until 8pm". My partner and I both work different shifts so she's never often left on her own, plus we have a camera to watch her when we are out and have never seen her barking, so I have no idea where this complaint came from. The first we heard was someone from the council knocking on our door. Luckily we were able to show them as much camera footage as they wanted to prove she's never barked once. That definitely soured things considerably between our neighbour and us, as we believe her motive was to have the dog banned from outer building.

All this to say if you are comfortable, please speak to your neighbours regarding any dog issues before reporting to the council. It's not a nice surprise to come home from a 14 hour night shift and be woken by an official person accusing you of being a nuisance.

• 2 weeks later...