So, a chum went to ED

snorky

Last week, as he was advised that the tiresome trek form his Brockley enclave would be worthwhile

He went to both the cheery happy smiling cow 24/7 queueing system butchers and was relieved of about ?25 for some chops,then strolled into a Deli ( the one that no one may speak its name for fear of legal action )

and in both places, he remarked that he was treated in a sneering offhand fashion, that didnt really inspire a return visit

this chap pulls in about ?250K PA and is not exactly ostentatious or arrogant

His did remark oddly enough about the simpering and forelock tugging attitude prevelant amnongst the Victims who felt priviliged to be getting served in the butchers - and this was without any prompting from me either( surprisingly )>

Hmmm

Tut Tut ED- you do yourselves no favours

thanks fuck he decided against a visit to the stationiers for a new pen - I fear he may never have returned to SE22 again

Must try harder

How does your chum usually spend his ?250k (in an unostentatious manner)?

I expect he drives a '98 Vauxhall Corsa, rents a 2-bed flat and holidays in Tenerife once a year. Am I right?

It's always good to get a down-to earth view of your local area from an all-round regular guy.

I never go into the butchers or the deli so I can't comment. But I always have very pleasant and cheery service from other establishments e.g. fish shop and Franklin's new gaff.

But you know what, I went to a shop in _____________* and the staff were not nearly ingratiating enough, I think I'll join the local forum and denounce the place as far too up its own arse for the likes of me and my salary.

* Insert name at random

It's hardly a trek from Brockley. You can't buy anything useful in Brockley (apart from get your car serviced at Brockley Pk Cars who are great) so you have to go somewhere. If you want a reasonably nice shopping experience that somewhere is likely to be Blackheath where it's about the same as here. If you're not going to spend your huge wedge what's the point in earning it?

Also I don't buy that all the people that sell organic products are these Roald Dahlian ogres. Usually I just say something like "Can I buy some of those tasty sausages?" and they say "Yes, here you go" and that's about it.

I don't think the butcher is expensive at all..certainly no more than equivalent produce in Sainsburys... ?25 must have bought a lot of chops!

The staff at the butchers are not at all snooty but agree the ED Deli is a bit that way..

I'm just glad we have the choice.. butcher, fishmonger, posh Deli's, Sainsbury, Iceland.. Can't really see what the point of the original post was to be honest...

AcedOut Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wouldn't accept ?250k to live in Brockley.

> Would be selling myself short there.

Brockley is the non-ostentatious place to live when one 'pulls-in' (grimace) ?250k p.a.

True story this. I once looked at houses in Brockley. I got to the estate agents and the window was smashed from a break-in they had had the night before. I then walked to a couple on properties with the chain-smoking agent who proceeded to get into a fight with a group of girls en route.

It was a very entertaining afternoon.