Missing delivery packages around ED and Nunhead areas - beware

roumenx

I'm not sure what OP means exactly.. you'll need to provide more information. It's not the best idea to have deliveries dropped off in your front garden, they will likely get stolen.

But I've had countless deliveries stolen by Hermes. Apparently they have stand ins over the weekend & that happens to be every single time I have had my parcels stolen. They are signed by the deliverer & Hermes will refuse to give more information on this... terrible, terrible service. It's not news... you'll find awful reviews all over the internet. Avoid using them if you can.

Edit: Oh & it's worth noting that Next have been using Hermes & their customer service said that they plan on switching delivery services due to the amount of complaints over stolen parcels they've been getting. At least 2 of my stolen parcels have been from Next.

I've started using Click & Collect {collect from Londis} which has helped significantly. Londis is great.

2wans Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> But I've had countless deliveries stolen by

> Hermes. Apparently they have stand ins over the

> weekend & that happens to be every single time I

> have had my parcels stolen. They are signed by the

> deliverer & Hermes will refuse to give more

> information on this...

Crikey, it's not rocket science for Hermes to identify the people who were supposed to deliver the parcels reported as stolen, is it?

And find a pattern?

It sounds like they are not doing very thorough pre-recruitment checks on the people they employ if they have a lot of thieves amongst them.

Sue Wrote:

> 2wans Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> > But I've had countless deliveries stolen by

> > Hermes. Apparently they have stand ins over the

> > weekend & that happens to be every single time

> I

> > have had my parcels stolen. They are signed by

> the

> > deliverer & Hermes will refuse to give more

> > information on this...

>

>

> Crikey, it's not rocket science for Hermes to

> identify the people who were supposed to deliver

> the parcels reported as stolen, is it?

>

> And find a pattern?

>

> It sounds like they are not doing very thorough

> pre-recruitment checks on the people they employ

> if they have a lot of thieves amongst them.

I complained to the Royal Mail after a debit card got intercepted.

Now my mail always has a rubber band round it - I imagine at the sorting office I'm being treated special :)

JohnL Wrote:

>

> Now my mail always has a rubber band round it - I

> imagine at the sorting office I'm being treated

> special :)

Sorry to disillusion you but I think you'll find it has a rubber band purely because all the letters are for the same address :))

Sue Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> > Now my mail always has a rubber band round it -

> I

> > imagine at the sorting office I'm being treated

> > special :)

>

>

> Sorry to disillusion you but I think you'll find

> it has a rubber band purely because all the

> letters are for the same address :))

awww no

Gabys1st, mine too. When I was confined to the first floor of my house after a serious accident, the Hermes delivery man would wait for me to pass my keys attached to string out of the upstairs window so that he could put the parcels in the hall. He is a friendly and trustworthy courier. Yodel on the other hand often deliver without even ringing the bell!

Yep, as in any walk of life, delivery people vary greatly.

I don't think you can pin it down by company (all drivers from ***** are great, all drivers from ****** are rubbish).

However if it is true that there is a significant amount of thieving happening, then the relevant companies should be doing something about it (well, they probably are, but maybe they need to take more rigorous steps).

To clarify {for those who clearly have an issue reading & taking in the information given}

I've had countless deliveries stolen by Hermes. Apparently they have stand-ins over the weekend & that just so happens to be every single time I have had my parcels stolen.

My regular delivery guy {who works for Hermes, a dreadful service if you bother to do any research at all on how they run their business} is a genuinely nice guy who is very good at his job. So I do believe there are many more like him working for this company.

Nobody's painting anyone with the same brush. Read.

& I was suggesting Click & Collect as an alternative. Just because I said I collect from Londis, doesn't mean that's the only shop you can collect from. I just choose Londis because it's the most local to me. I live in East Dulwich, this is the East Dulwich Forum.

Just as an FYI - I have had various issues with Family Store on Upland Road. A few times my delivery has triggered a notification that it is ready for collection, and when I get there they have said that no parcel has been delivered. This has been investigated by DPD and the various companies have had to refund.

I would completely avoid ANY delivery to this store.

LW51190 Wrote:

> Just as an FYI - I have had various issues with

> Family Store on Upland Road. A few times my

> delivery has triggered a notification that it is

> ready for collection, and when I get there they

> have said that no parcel has been delivered. This

> has been investigated by DPD and the various

> companies have had to refund.

>

> I would completely avoid ANY delivery to this

> store.

Are you implying that somebody from the store is taking the parcels?

That would be a bit foolish surely, because it could be so easily tracked, assuming they have to sign for them when they arrive there?