East Dulwich station very slippery - take care!

Diescu

Hi - I just wanted to warn those travelling via East Dulwich this evening that the station is very slippery. As far as I can tell there has been no gritting or salting or anything. I arrived back from London Bridge this evening and the slope down from the Southbound platform was like an ice rink - even treading carefully I ended up flat on my back. I wasn't badly hurt (apart from my dignity)but do take care especially if you have a pram or bags/luggage. I frankly can't believe the station hasn't put down any grit when there's been so much media coverage of the impending snow.

Sorry you had a fall Diescu and hope you're ok. I would think that the train stations don't have enough staff to grit the stations and this is certainly the case all over Southwark at the moment.

I remember the salt banks dotted around Southwark years ago but they seem to have disappeared.

Hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow!

I remember the salt banks dotted around Southwark years ago but they seem to have disappeared. - There are a few, still - outside Goodrich School, for example, and on the corner of F Hill Road/Dunstan's Road. Don't have to wait for the officials to come - just take some and spread it if you think you are doing the right thing, I'd say.