water wastage by Southwark

I reported a leak on Stuart road the 3/3/18 to Thames water 10 days ago, this has still not been dealt with. After speaking with Thames Water they said that council has not released a permit to work on this. I really believe the councils system should be sped up in situations like this. My daughter filled a 5 litre bucket in 10 seconds so that makes 432,000 litres of water wasted. Really this in outrageous amount of water, what is southwark council?s position on reducing energy loss and saving the environment.

Utilities can apply for an emergency traffic management order. This strikes me as a suitable one.

Renata is contacting council officers. I'll contact Thames Water to highlight how much water they're losing their and suggest this is an emergency.

On Sunday I escalated a longer delay from a much smaller leak and they're now fixing it. In that case the repair was delayed the council allowed Thames Water a permit to dig the road up but when they attended site to undertake the works the council was relaying the tarmac for the whole road and told them to go away. Left and right hand at Southwark Council not talking to each other or ensuring conflicts in street permits.

Any idea what's delaying the fixing of the leak on East Dulwich Road, just outside the Evans Cycles carpark? It's been going on for weeks now - noticed and reported 3 weeks ago and have just seen (earlier tonight) it's still gushing out and down the gutter.

put this on twitter! and tag them at the end of the post, it will come to the top of their page!

Facebook too ( dunno if they have a page )

I have the same thing on Overhill road, and the road has been freshly laid.

At least a week ago now, and no one has come out ( haven't reported it though )

One would assume Thames will be using remote Water Pressure Monitoring.

This simple system would flag up (Alarm) any drop in pressure caused by any leak

and give a good indication where the leak is.

Thames should be aware of any problem before it was evident to the public.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One would assume Thames will be using remote Water

> Pressure Monitoring.

>

> This simple system would flag up (Alarm) any drop

> in pressure caused by any leak

> and give a good indication where the leak is.

> Thames should be aware of any problem before it

> was evident to the public.

That's interesting. I wonder why they would bother having a system for the public to report leaks, if it's all being monitored remotely? That seems a bit of a waste of staff answering phones and logging emails, or whatever the report system is.

But I have no idea what technology they have.

However, even if they are aware of all leaks, it doesn't mean they have the resources to deal with them all immediately, particularly after icy weather like we have just had.

bobbsy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And Overhill Road as well. With the cold weather

> there is potential for dangerous ice.

That one I reported a couple of days ago. It's only a small leak so guessing it's not high on the priority list.

There was a main leaking on Fenwick road the start of the year as well. After a few days there were notices on the cars from Thames water, so they were aware of the problem, and still took another 10 days to fix. Agree with OP that it's crazy that such a leak could be allowed to go on for so long. I imagine that in addition to the wasted water its probably caused erosion under the road surface that will need to be repaired at some point.