Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.ellyallen.com/

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageDog barking constantly ? Overhill Rd ? Dawson’s heights
Posted by bikpon March 20, 09:36PM

Hi

There is a dog barking all the time coming from Overhill Road or maybe Dawson’s heights. It barks at 6am almost everyday and a lot during the day too. I’m not close enough to be able to pinpoint where it’s coming from to speak to the owners directly but if this is your dog please don’t leave it alone outside for so long as it’s really disturbing our sleep plus it doesn’t seem fair on the dog to be left outside barking so much(especially in this cold!). If this is your neighbours dog perhaps you could ask them or let me know where exactly it’s coming from so we could speak to them to try to find a solution.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 20, 09:58pm by bikpon.

messageRe: Dog barking constantly ? Overhill Rd ? Dawson’s heights
Posted by malcolmchurch March 23, 01:22PM

The dog seems to be in Overhill Road, north side, just down the road from Dawsons Heights as we can clearly it from the west side of Bredinghurst ...

Posted by bikpon October 08, 10:47AM

This dog is barking more and more and seems to be all the time at the moment. Can anyone let me know exactly where it is coming from so I can report it? Thanks.

Posted by natty01295 October 08, 11:10AM

Southwark Council

How To Report A Noise Problem

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Posted by bikpon October 17, 10:11AM

Hi Natty

Thanks for this but they can’t respond unless they have a more accurate address sad smiley

Posted by Gaynor Hill October 18, 06:24AM

Hi
It's louder around Underhill passage the other week it was all day think it's when it's left outside and on its own felt sorry for the dog when it was barking all day must be distressed

Posted by granny October 19, 01:43PM

Dog barking seem to come from around 43. Sign saying DOG RUNNING WILD or some such and video cameras in operation. Paranoid?

Posted by bikpon November 06, 12:36PM

I have spoken to the noise team who can't do anything with a suspected address even though I said I have been told it might be number 43. Apparently I need to know exactly where the dog is! The poor dog has been barking all day again today. If someone lives near them please call the noise team (https://www.southwark.gov.uk/noise-and-antisocial-behaviour/how-to-report-a-noise-problem) or perhaps the RSPCA.

Posted by Angelina November 06, 12:41PM

just call them and say it is number 43

if nothing else, the people at number 43 will be able to say where it it

Posted by jenny pink November 06, 08:40PM

Xou could also try to contact the local dog warden or RSPCA,saying you're concerned about the dog's well being....Jenny

Posted by Jayne B November 14, 02:46PM

Have you managed to contact anyone yet? We live opposite the cemetery and it's been driving us mad, particularly the 6 am alarm calls. As everyone says, it's not fair on the dog and presumably it has shelter if it rains? I have asked neighbours further up towards Overhill Passage but they're non the wiser

Posted by Siduhe November 14, 02:59PM

@JayneB

I also got woken up this am 5:45-6:30am constant barking. We're Underhill/Melford borders so the sound is definitely travelling.

Posted by bikpon November 14, 03:47PM

Haven't had much luck as it always seems to be school run or time to feed the baby!

Have spoken to them again now and they are sending someone out today to Overhill Road. It's tricky as obviously the dog may have stopped barking by then (which is what happened last time).

The phone number for the noise team (24 hours/day and they should respond quickly) is 0207 525 5777 and the email address is EnvironmentalCustom@southwark.gov.uk if anyone else can call when the dog is actually barking...it may help that it's not jut one person being disturbed.

Am going to put a note through their door too as they may be unaware their dog barks all day sad smiley

Posted by bikpon November 14, 05:46PM

Have spoken to the noise team 3 times now today. Unfortunately when they had someone available to come out to my home this evening to assess the noise nuisance I wasn't home! When they called again later the dog had gone quiet. If this dog is disturbing you please call as the team do seem quite helpful but I'm not having much luck with them.

Posted by Jayne B November 14, 06:35PM

Excellent that is really handy information thank you. I'll start contacting them whenever I hear it

Posted by Geordie Dave December 02, 02:24PM

Was there a conclusion to the situation?

I'm having a similar problem but in Sydenham - an owner that I can't pinpoint allowing their dog to bark relentlessly which is extremely annoying but also upsetting as a dog lover myself.

Posted by bikpon December 03, 07:48PM

Hi Geordie Dave

Unfortunately no conclusion & without an exact address I have found it pretty tricky to get any help. Walking around the block to see if you can pinpoint the address and leaving a few notes through nearby doors (or put up a sign) is the only suggestion I have. I think these dog owners must be unaware that their dog is barking whilst they are at work.

Posted by Monkey December 04, 07:09AM

You're very generous, Bikpon. My former neighbours’ dog used to howl for hours every day and we were often stopped by passers-by who assumed our neighbours were not aware and that we were kind of guilty by association for not telling them. Well in fact they were well aware. Any owner who leaves their dog alone should check on his behaviour with neighbours. And if the dog howls, he should go straight to doggy crčche.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was december 04, 10:03am by Monkey.

Posted by lavender27 December 04, 03:13PM

Dog near me is irritating it barks at nothing My nerves are on edge.

Posted by daveyp December 08, 11:25AM

I’ve noticed a dog near us seems to bark constantly during the day. Happening right now. We’re near the corner of Underhill & Dunstans. Could it be the same dog? So annoying when you’re trying to have a lie in

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum