Attempted burglary - Trossachs Road - 5pm 3 April

Fellow neighbours

I just wanted to alert you an attempted burglary at our house today. This happened in broad daylight with all of the family at home so I wanted to share it.

I was cooking my young kids' dinner at 5pm when I walked through our hall and saw a hooded man standing behind the door to the side of our house. The door is kept locked and we keep our bicycles locked in that space.

Without thinking about it much I screamed and ran out of the house after him where it became clear there were two of them that were making off with my husband's bicycle (they had cut through the lock). I was running so fast I slipped and fell onto the pavement. Luckily, had it not been for the intervention of a totally heroic charity (British Heart Foundation) worker who was making calls along our street, they would have got away with the bike. The charity worker grabbed the bike and stopped one of the men who started shouting that he hadn't done anything. By this point my husband came out so I went in to look after the kids.

It was all a bit of a blur and a shock but we were shocked at how brazen this attempted theft was, especially given our neighbours have CCTV (and now have a picture of one of the men). As I said, we were all at home, this was in daylight and the door and bikes were locked.

Hey Ak100!

We were burgled on Marsden yesterday between the hours of 13:00 - 15:00; they made off with some very dear valuables.

I was curious if you had reported this incident to the police? Happy to discuss more privately if you are uncomfortable sharing details publicly.

So sorry to hear about your incident and I'm glad to hear that you & your family are safe. We were not home at the time of our break-in.

joe

I would encourage everyone to complete this survey created by a retired Met Police Crime Prevention Officer and upgrade your home security based on its recommendations - https://thecrimepreventionwebsite.com/home-security-assessment/468/home-security-survey--diy/

It took me five minutes to complete the survey. Still working through the improvements but gave me a real focus on what to work on.

Thanks James I will take a look.

Robin I am afraid my description may not be very helpful as it was all a bit of a blur. One had a black hoodie and had run away before I could get a look at him. The other one had a grey loose hoodie, with black loose trousers. He was medium build, about mid twenties, white (unusually pale skin), kind a flat, round face, skin head (no discernible hair colour). Sorry I wish I could be more specific...

Thanks for the description ak100, it was actually helpful... I tend to see bits and pieces as I walk everywhere, so any info is useful.

FYI, the MPS Southwark twitter account posted that they arrested 2 burglars in SE22 last night, both of which were wanted for several incidents, so hopefully this will make an impact.

We should all keep reporting, though...

Amazingly enough, my husband has just spotted these two men on the corner of Trossachs Road and Glengarry Road about 60 minutes ago. I've just been out and around the block myself to see if I can see where they have gone to but I can't see them now (they saw my husband, we are fairly certain they recognised him as they started nudging each other).

Obviously we can't positively identify one of them as we didn't seem him on Tuesday but he was wearing the same dark blue hoodie. He is very tall and lanky, dark skin. The other one was also wearing the same loose grey hoodie as he wore on Tuesday. We can confirm he is of medium build (definitely not big), very pale and has a small mousy moustache.

They're either very cocky, or very thick to still be hanging round here - mind you, with the notable lack of Police visible in the area, they're probably quietly confident that they can get away with whatever criminal activity they chose - and sadly with good cause in my experience. :(

We just had what we assume was an attempted burglary on Hansler Road.

Our children were home with their nanny who heard someone at the door and assumed it was my wife or I home early. When the noise continued she went to open the door, assuming we were having trouble and the person ran away.

Nanny?s description was of a black man with shaved black hair, wearing a black bomber jacket and black trousers, about 5 ft 8? tall.

Have submitted a report to the police online.

We had someone attempt to kick in our door yesterday around 7pm whilst at home - just off Lordship Lane Goose Green end - reported to police. Got CCTV footage and possible police will know the culprit as certain distinguishing features.

All these stories are frightening, I am sorry to hear them and I hope you are all ok. I am afraid to say the police still haven't turned up to our incident even after reporting the second sighting...

ak100 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All these stories are frightening, I am sorry to

> hear them and I hope you are all ok. I am afraid

> to say the police still haven't turned up to our

> incident even after reporting the second

> sighting...

Wow, that's pretty bad. No wonder they're so brazen if that's the police (lack of) response.