Pushy N-Power Saleswoman

seanmlow

A lady from N Power knockec on my door this evening at 6pm.

Despite repeatedly telling me she was not selling my anything, the large N Power bag and sales chat gave it away (I am in sales, so it was a dead giveaway anyway). I told her on numerous occasions I would not sign anything without the other residents being present. However, she continued to fill out the contract and push for me to sign. She even wanted to come in, use my laptop, and tell me that they are cheaper on 'U-Switch'. She claimed she would be coming back at 7, so I have taken refuge in the pub!

"and then they came back an hour later - the same guy"

NEVER do a runner as they will always return as the situation is inconclusive and they still have a chance of a Sale!

Tell him/her straight in future I AM NOT INTERESTED(assuming that you are not Sean:)))....I tell them that I get a good deal as my Darling Dad works for an Electric Company.

Well he did... but he died in 1971.

After asking her to repeat everything she'd blurted out as I opened the front door - because I hadn't understood a word she'd said in her strong east European accent - I just asked the woman who she was representing and when she told me it was NPower I just said I wasn't interested. She went away.

dulwichquine Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> we had a visit tonight from npower as well. my

> husband said she was a cute french woman. quite

> persistent. we didn't sign anyhting, thank

> goodness.

A cute French woman being quite persistent. Sounds like the old man might have wanted to sign up to something.

Not that I'm trying to cause a rift in the lute. Ignore me, I'm being silly.

seanmlow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think she was French. She wasn't a

> hottie....

>

> If she had tried that with my nan I would have

> gone after her with a golf club.

I'd advise you to go with St Andrews, I hear the caddies are nutters, and as for some of the bar stewards...

• 4 weeks later...

My bf worked for these people for a couple of weeks - no basic pay, just commission. I told him they were dodgy and he shouldn't bother - but anyway, he made four sales in that time and is due a massive ?30 for each sale and has been told he has to wait three months to be paid, after having to complain to the big boss as his team leader said he wasn't due any money at all.

The company who recruit all the sales people and who are responsible for their training and pay are called 'Eclectic Marketing'

They should be reported to somebody - not sure who - but they are awful.

A niece of mine spent a day training with NPower when she was first looking for a job, but walked away at the end of the day because she found the NPower method was to be deliberately intimidating towards any likely looking vulnerable people.