Clothes donations

Hi,

I have nine bags of clothes and some bags of old bedding/pillows etc.

I'd like to donate these to charity but don't have a car to transport (so clothes donation bins are a no go).

Anyone know the best way for me to do this?

I've already contacted Southwark Day Centre for Asylum Seekers a couple of weeks ago but got no response, and don't want to resort to putting them in the bags that come through the door, as I read that hardly any of the money goes to charity.

I'm based at HOP.

Help?

• 1 month later...
ALD are well organised and will take pretty anything and select what they need and move the rest on. If you have no leanings either way, it is far better to focus on Human charities rather than animal ones, as domestic pet charities are proportionatly overepresented in the charity sector

St. Christophers Hospice shops and Brirish Heart foundation also collect. BHF also collects furniture and electrics seperately.

BFH shop prices are said to be highest so if you have anythiing really good worth considering donating to to them.

I know that BHF and Aldi also take clothing sheets towels (not pillows or duvets) that are in too poor conmdition to sell. The need to be seperately bagged and labelled "RAGS".

Also please note that if you are a TAX PAYER, it is worth saying that you want to do GIFT AID when you are asking for collection. Charity can claim a percentage of profits cost.

Thabks to this forum and fact am downsizing I have learnt a lot :-).

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Such a useful thread. Wish I could store it

> somehow for future reference! I've put my name

> here to make it easier to search.

If you click 'follow this thread' it will be saved under 'show followed threads' in your control center.

I have found this thread very useful too :)