Underhill Road closed by The Great Exhibition - suspect chemicals

P13 currently suspended while TfL get around to re routing via Lordship Lane.

Underhill Road closed between Darrell Road and Crystal Palace Road.

Pink powder spread across various vehicles and multiple fire and police. Units on site checking what this powder. Is.

If you know anything about this please urgently call the Police

I went through the junction and up Underhill Road just as the fire engines and police arrived on the scene this am. Couldn?t see much of concern and no pink powder, so it can?t have been that big a spill. Have just gone back the other way and everything is open and clear. Whatever it was, it?s sorted.

Thank you - obviously glad it wasn?t sinister - whoever the people are, how selfish and stupid are they! They?ve probably upset the residents, interrupted their plans and wasted valuable time of police etc.. There are a number of people locally who?ve yet to have just 5 minutes to deal with a crime they?ve faced recently - this time could have been used so much wisely!

Sherbet crossed my mind too!!

Hope the people are identified!!

Hi Sue,

I Worte that from my iPhone would had the tiniest font size ever.

A number of cars covered. Was present when some fancy different fire fighter outfitted person took samples into test tubes which seemed ot be ferried away for testing.

Whole thing lasted 90minutes - I found it interesting that the bus drivers weren't allowed tor instructed by their bus company to bypass the problem but told to wait for TfL to make a decision which never came before the road was unblocked after 90mins.