Parking, bike racks and yellow lines poll

I have just created a poll on FB on the site pretending to be the EDF(!please don't give me a hard time about this loyal EDF fans!- it's just a means to an end!) - I'm interested to hear more opinions on the new extended yellow lines round corners and parking zones and bike racks that are not just my own, my friends locally and who I've spoken to on the doorstep! It would be useful to get info before the local hustings on the 27th April as I'm standing as a councillor candidate:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/900015513463302/

Claire Empson

WEP Candidate for Goose Green

Southwark Women?s Equality Party ? Promoted by Claire Webb on behalf of Claire Empson, both at Studio 18, Blue Lion Place, 237 Long Ln, London SE1 4PU

Perhaps the OP could do a version using Survey Monkey, which would get around the access problems for non Facebook users (and there are other reasons I wouldn't do a FB survey), it might get a bigger response.

And also acknowledge admin's point that it's not actually a version of this forum.

Oh dear, not a good start to your campaign Claire posting a poll on a fake FB page that is passing itself off as being this forum. If you are so in tune with East Dulwich I can't see how you have missed all the Admins warnings about this. Also if you had been following the forum you would have seen the problems that another candidate has experienced by trying to use a poll. Not totally sure if it is professional or in the spirit of the forum to attach your campaign leaflet either feels a bit, umm... naive. Good luck with your door knocking.

Colville09 & sjsl Firstly I am not fighting a 'campaign' I believe politics should be collaborative not a battle ground as the old ways of doing thing have been, for eg I exchanged a cheery "hello" with James B today as he passed us in the street whilst door knocking (good on him), so I am 'contesting'. I privately messaged the Admin and answered Councillor Renata H in the other thread about the fake site I belive. Whether or not it is a site passing itself of as the EDF officially or not doesn't detract from the fact that it has 2k members who can still give an opinion on a poll, I just wanted to get to local residents for opinions, not necessarily just members of this forum. I have been a sponsor of the EDF for over 10 years with my business, and I've dipped in and out, posting myself rarely, I didn't proffess to being a heavy user of the forum, not every local spends their life in this forum, as marvellous as it is LOL. As a busy mum of two, running my own business and co-branch leader of the WEP I will hold my hands up to not having alot of time to spare to read online forums for fun, I'm up until after midnight working most nights as it is after dealing with my household, so no I haven't seen anything previously negative about a poll so this may be a bad idea - who knows - but seemed like a good one to me to get a feel for the subject as it's an issue that comes up time and time again on the doorstep. I will do a survey monkey and post a link, but have been busy pounding the streets this week ;op I attached my leaflet because we have been putting them through doors in the ward for weeks and someone asked what party I was from and asked me to be more obvious about who I was when I posted from the wrong account first in error, so I thought it added the correct context. I'm interested to know what you think is 'unprofessional' or naive about showing something that is already in the public domain and for public interest during the election period? Surely the ability to add documents is what the facility is for - thank you for your concern if you are worried about my sensibilities if people don't like it perhaps, but ahead of local hustings people want to see who I am and what I stand for so I have to accept not averyone will agree with me or the WEP and my information on the leaflet is not meant to be a secret. As someone else pointed out, if I'm going to put myself 'out there', I have to deal with the consequenses of that - if I was to win a seat in this election I will have to put up with alot more from fellow councillors from other parties I'm sure, having been at a few council meetings in Tooley street and locally, I have witnessed for myself they can be quite full on with plenty of robust opinions - but I will do my best! ;o)

Dear Claire, I appreciate the points you have made. Please be assured I really admire people who stand for election to become councillors. Councillors by their hard work on behalf of their communities are our great unsung heroes. It does not matter what political stance they come from, a good councillor is a lifeline for many people through their case work for individuals facing problems as well as any wider work they do in making the area in which they live a better place. Maybe the forum could consider a section where all the candidates could post their leaflets together although I'm not sure what the position would be in regard to The Representation of the People Act which governs electoral communications. Again, good luck with pounding the streets.