Random doorbell ringing in the dead of night

raerae

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced their doorbell being rung in the middle of the night in ED? We live on Friern Road and have had two instances of this in the last few days...first time the bell rang at around 1am and last night it rang at 6am. We didnt go and check it out just in case (and were asleep!). I was wondering whether it was a new thing of burglers scoping out whether someone is in or not, although it seems very strange as you would presume someone would be in the middle of the night!

Just curious if this is a 'thing' or not....

Thanks!

This happened to me several years ago. Not as extreme timing. I ignored it and it proved to be burglars who kicked the front door in. They'd have trouble doing this again.

I chased them away but truly appalling experience for the me and the family.

If it keeps happening then you might want to consider getting one ofthdeose Ring doorbells that records people after sensing movement so you'll have video of whoever is doing this. If they're wrong 'guns this will deter them.

Just thought I'd update you all...did the unplugging of the doorbell and it has seemed to have done the trick. Seemed very random the times it was going off so whether it was a frequency jumble or a person, I do not know. Thanks for all the advice. Let's hope it was just modern technology having a moment rather than burglers casing the joint!

• 4 weeks later...
There were two sets of loud knocks on our front door last night at 2.30am. When I went downstairs the letterbox slammed shut and after checking outside nobody was there. Kids, someone scoping place out, or a confused person. Who knows.