Fox "fun"

SpringTime Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You can shoot them, gas them, use poison, trap

> them or hound them down. They always come back.

why would you want to do any of those things, springtime? especially as you know they'll always come back?

as for the OP, suggest you try living near a pub with Sky sports - then you'll know what the worst noise is!

civilservant Wrote:

> why would you want to do any of those things,

> springtime? especially as you know they'll always

> come back?

>

> as for the OP, suggest you try living near a pub

> with Sky sports - then you'll know what the worst

> noise is!

I guess you can always move away from a pub with sky sports if it is too noisy...but it seems harder to convince the foxes to move away...

I'd recommend the same techniques for animal abusers.

SpringTime Wrote:

> You can shoot them, gas them, use poison, trap

> them or hound them down. They always come back.

Replaced soil, cleaned decking and painted all walls white in my garden and went to bed with such a sense of achievement. Got up this morning and rushed to view - every single wall trashed with muddy fix prints, a three foot hole dug in a bed and the resultant soil all over deck. Really tearful......

I agree. They are annoying but if you do kill them they'll only be replaced by others so no point in these methods unless you're protecting livestock from their tendencies to surplus kill. They don't like the smell of other species' urine however, so if you have a couple of beers in the evening a quick wizz on your garden at night should help.

bcam Wrote:

> I'd recommend the same techniques for animal

> abusers.

>

> SpringTime Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You can shoot them, gas them, use poison, trap

> > them or hound them down. They always come back.

yes we do, they live under our decking in the garden and are an absolute nightmare. They've dug holes all around, dig up my plants, poo everywhere and they've scratched our wooden decking to bits. Not to mention they make an almighty racket. We have humane deterrents only which help a little bit. I did find a dead rat in the middle of our garden yesterday so they're good for something I guess!

We live in Forest Hill with an overgrown alley behind our property ? the foxes love it there and recline in our garden when it?s sunny ? once I came home and saw 4 of them in our garden. They don?t bother me that much unless they poo or dig up the garden. I agree you can spend a fortune on deterrants but they always come back.